Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has already released the Officer Scale-I interview call letters 2021. Today we are going to share some important IBPS RRB Interview preparation tips in this post, which will help you understand how you should prepare for the Interview round of IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I Exam.
So, check out these expert Interview preparation tips for IBPS RRB now and to maximise your score in this round of recruitment.
Interview Preparation Tips for IBPS RRB 2021
Interviews are not exactly a test of your knowledge but of your ability to use it at the right time. They are the last and major hurdle that you need to get through to get a job. They aim to test the following things-
- Your competency for the job.
- To gain insight into your personality and abilities.
- Enthusiasm and Interest
- Career Goals
Important things to take care off during the IBPS RRB Interview
- Do ask for permission before entering the room and do not forget to greet the interviewers.
- Be confident. Everyone panics in such situation but how you handle it and present yourself makes all the difference. For instance, fidgeting with your fingers or slumped shoulders indicate lack of confidence. So, stay relaxed.
- Make sure that you maintain Eye contact with the interviewers while answering questions. This is a sign of your confidence level.
- Sit straight and do not cross your hands or legs.
- Speak clearly. Do not speak too fast while answering questions. Take a moment to think before you reply.
- Make sure that your attire is simple and sober.
- Dress smartly. How you dress reflects your interest in job and commitment towards it.
- Avoid casual and fancy attire.
Important Documents for IBPS RRB Interview 2021
Make sure that you carry following documents for the Interview (as per Official Notification) -
- Printout of the Interview Call Letter
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate issued by the Competent Municipal Authorities or SSLC/ Std. X Certificate with DOB)
- Photo Identity Proof
- Marksheets and Certificates for Graduation or equivalent qualification etc.
- Experience Certificates if applicable.
- Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format.
- Disability certificate in prescribed format issued by the District Medical Board in case of Persons With Disability category.
You will come across Personal, HR as well as Banking/ Current Awareness related questions. We will now share some common personal/ HR questions that you may come across in Interviews.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why do you want to join the Banking sector?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why should we hire you?
- Will you leave this job (once selected) for better opportunities?
- What are your hobbies?
- Why did you leave your previous job? (For experienced candidates)
- Where do you see yourself a few years from now?
- Who is your inspiration in life?
- Any instance of Pressure/ Stressful situation that you dealt with?
- As an Interviewer, how would you rate me?
- Do you have any questions for us?
Make sure you answer smartly. Try not to leave any loose ends while answering in Interviews i.e. make sure that you do not give the interview panel any opportunity to grill you further from your answer.
Key Takeaways for IBPS RRB Officer Interviews
- As per the official notification, the candidates should be proficient in local languages mentioned in the application form. In case, the candidate does not meet the aforesaid requirement in the local language at the time of selection, he will be given a time of six months from the date of joining to acquire the proficiency.
- You may be asked to write down a passage on any topic in the local language (as mentioned in your application form) to test your language proficiency on the day of the interview.
- These Interviews will be coordinated by the Nodal Regional Rural Bank with the help of NABARD and IBPS in consultation with the appropriate authority.
- The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks/scores in the interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC / ST/OBC/PWD candidates). The relative weightage (ratio) of CWE and interview will be 80:20 respectively for the Officers cadre.
Important Related Links
|IBPS RRB Notification 2021||IBPS RRRB Application Form 2021|
|IBPS RRB Exam Date 2021||IBPS RRB Salary|
|IBPS RRB Question Papers||IBPS RRB Mock Test|
Join Bank Foundation Online Classroom Program for all Bank and Insurance exams.
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.