Latest: - IBPS SO Vacancies
IBPS SO Agricultural Officer Job Profile
It is important that you are well aware of the type of work you would need to perform after selection as an IBPS SO Agriculture Field Officer.
- The Agriculture Field Officers are mainly responsible for the promotion of rural financing.
- The role of SO is to disburse the loans to farmers as well as others involved in the primary sector of the economy.
- Apart from disbursal, the Agriculture Field officers are also responsible for the review of the agricultural loans.
- As per the guidelines given by banks, agriculture officers are given the responsibility to promote the bank in rural areas so that the agricultural portfolio of the bank is promoted.
- The agriculture officer makes sure that work progress is satisfactory, ensures that the farm is profitable & meets the financial targets.
- Agricultural loans are classified under the priority sector, and hence managing them efficiently is crucial. An Agriculture Field Officer apart from reporting to the senior officials is also responsible for coordinating with other organizations working in the rural economy such as NABARD and RRBs.
Responsibilities of an Agriculture Field Officer of IBPS SO
- An AFO promotes the bank’s loan products in rural areas, particularly among farmers.
- An AFO meets and maintains a good relationship with farmers and thereby generates Leads.
- They conduct a pre-loan sanction inspection.
- They follow up in case of recovery of loans.
- They also ensure the proper recovery of loans and getting the acknowledgment of debt.
IBPS SO Agricultural Field Officer Salary Structure
1. Pay Scale of Agriculture Field Officer
The basic salary of an Agricultural Field Officer under JMGS (Junior Management Grade Scale – I) is in a similar scale as that of Probationary Officers, i.e. Rs. 23700-980(7)-30560-1145(2)-32850-1310(7)-42020.
2. Salary Components and Allowances/ Perks Offered under Agriculture Field Officer
A candidate is eligible for the following perks and allowances after selection as Agriculture Field Officer in IBPS SO:
- Basic Pay: It is the basic salary paid to the specialist officers excluding all the allowances and bonus components. As mentioned above, the basic pay of IBPS SO is Rs. 23700/-.
- Dearness Allowance (DA): This is basically the cost of living out of the basic salary, which the bank provides. At present, the amount of Dearness allowance is Rs. 8605.88/-.
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): As the name suggests, HRA is the accommodation expense provided by, as per the city of residence of the employee. As per the place of posting, HRA varies at 9%, 8%, or 7%.
- City Compensatory Allowance (CCA): CCA is provided to meet the high cost of living for the employees working in metropolitan cities. Depending on the place of posting, CCA is usually 4%, 3%, or 0%.
- Apart from the above components, employees also receive various allowances such as newspapers, Medical Coverage, Travel Allowance, Conveyance Allowance, Furniture Allowance, etc.
3. In-hand Salary for Agriculture Field Officer
Candidates receive almost Rs. 33000-35000 as in-hand after all the deductions.
You can practice most expected IBPS SO Mock tests in BYJU'S Exam Prep.
IBPS SO Agricultural Field Officer Career Growth Opportunities
After selection, a candidate receives various opportunities for promotions from the JMGS-I level. The career growth in IBPS SO Agriculture Field Officer progresses as mentioned below:
- Junior Management Grade Scale – I (Officer)
- Middle Management Grade Scale-II (Manager)
- Middle Management Grade Scale – III (Senior Manager)
- Senior Management Grade Scale – IV (Chief Manager)
- Senior Management Grade Scale – V (Assistant General Manager)
- Top Management Grade Scale – VI (Deputy General Manager)
- Top Management Grade Scale – VII (General Manager)
Also, you can check:
|IBPS SO 2021 Salary||IBPS SO 2021 Selection Process|
|IBPS SO 2021 Eligibility Criteria||IBPS SO 2021Notification|
The job of an agriculture officer is primarily focused on rural areas so it is important for an agriculture officer to have the specification in horticulture, animal husbandry, etc. to promote the schemes of the bank in rural areas.
|Related Articles to Study:|
|PNB Full Form||BOI Full Form|
|UCO Full Form||BOC Full Form|
|BOB Full Form||SIB Full Form|
|CSB Full Form||UBI Full Form|
|SVC Full Form||TMB Full Form|
If you are aiming to crack SBI PO/IBPS PO 2022, then join the sure-shot Success Batch(Hindi) Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.