Programming is the core of the software that is running all over the devices. The applications that we are using on our smartphones, the email application and even Google search engine functions are all written in codes. C programming is the most basic level of the program that is elemental in creating interactive and easy programs. Going by the programming in C book, you must know the different elements of the C program and the type of data structures used in it. Programming in C GATE CS questions comes in many exams, including CAT, GATE CS, PDU CS, SDE interviews, and more. Hence, it is advisable to know programming in C questions so that it is helpful for you in every job aspect. Programming in C online tests also forms a part of various state and national level exams.
Important Programming in C Topics for GATE CS
Programming is a broad topic and has a considerable syllabus. The major topics for programming in C study material for GATE CS are given below:
Variables and Declarable
Variables are anything whose value is not fixed. We assign some values to it using the different kinds of data structures. Declarations are the initial step of defining any variable or a function.
Functions are the real operations that we do in programming. We can perform basic functions such as addition, subtraction to complex functions like segregating any data.
Arrays and Strings
There is a data structure that stores values in different formats.
Tips to Solve Programming in C Questions in GATE CS Exam
The following are some tips that you can follow while solving programming in C questions. Prepare for the topic by solving last year's question papers well.
- Programming in C GATE questions and answers PDF are based on the programming in C and their uses in different scenarios. Hence you should focus on the programming section for programming topics.
- Prepare excellent programming in C notes for the GATE that contains all the details of the syntactic analysis. Those programming in C GATE notes will help you in revisions.
- Practice programming in C online quiz from online sites. These online tests help you in preparation for the real exam.
- Be clear with the programming in C topics for GATE CS as many repetitive topics such as basic C programs using recursions, data structure and different imported elements.
Importance of Programming in C in GATE
Here's why the tree is an integral part of the GATE and other competitive exams:
- It checks whether you can frame a workable program in the C language. It also checks your grasp on the programming in the C GATE syllabus.
- The weightage of programming in C GATE topic is 3% to 10% in the GATE Exam.
- GATE requires you to acquire the basic knowledge of programming and functions. It helps to maintain the accuracy of any main program.
- The concept of programming in C GATE are used in real-life situations as a software engineer solving various programming problems.
Most Recommended Books for Programming in C for GATE
The following are some excellent books of programming in C for computer science that can help you prepare for the Programming in C syllabus for GATE.
The C Programming Language
Kim N. King
Expert C Programming
Peter Van Der Linden
Why Prepare Programming in C from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
Gradeup is an online source of knowledge that covers excellent quality tutorials and questions regarding the topic. You can get all the preparatory materials like programming in C quiz, programming in C MCQ PDF, programming in C MCQ questions, and more from BYJU'S Exam Prep website. These preparatory materials are a valuable source to test your exam preparation levels and boost your main exam performance. To prepare well for the exams, our experienced educators have designed programming in C notes for CS and programming in C notes for GATE PDF for students that help you in the revision.
Q. How do you understand by programming in C?
It means writing a set of codes for building any program in C language. C language is one of the oldest system programming languages
Q. What is the importance of the C language?
C language is one of the oldest programming languages and is fast. It consumes less space and hence decreases the overall compilation time.
Q. In which other exams, C programming is asked other than GATE?
C programming is an essential topic and is asked in other exams such as PSU CS, CAT, SDE roles, etc. It helps in the understanding of compilers' work.
Q. Who developed the C language?
C language was developed by Dennis Ritchie and is a system programming language.
Q. What role do functions play in C program?
Functions are an integral part of C programming as it helps perform the desired operation inside the program.