Beginners Tips to Clear IBPS RRB 2021 Exam in the First Attempt
Check the few important points or prerequisites that will surely help you balance your preparation for the upcoming exams.
1. Exam Pattern and Syllabus
This is the foremost thing that you should be clear of. Having a deep idea of the IBPS RRB exam pattern and syllabus will help you know what will be asked and what is the exam structure. Knowing the important topics and exam structure will be a blessing for your preparation.
(a) Preliminary Exam Pattern:
- There will be no sectional timing in either IBPS RRB Officer scale-1 or IBPS RRB officer Assistant.
- There will be only two sections in the preliminary exam both in PO & Clerk
- The exam will comprise of only 80 questions. But you will have composite timing of 45 minutes to complete the exam.
- Negative marking will also be there. You will lose 1/4th Marks for every wrong answer.
- Reasoning and Numerical ability both sections will have 40 questions each.
(b) Mains Exam Pattern:
- There will be no sectional timing in the mains exam either.
- There will be a total of 5 sections whereas you will have a choice between Hindi and English Language.
- A section on Computer Knowledge will also be there.
- Check complete IBPS RRB Exam Pattern 2021 here.
Don't miss to check the IBPS RRB Syllabus also.
2. Previous Year's Cut off
- The level of the exam for both PO and Clerk will be different so will the cut-off.
- The rough idea about the cut-off for a particular exam helps you to identify how many questions you must attempt in order to get shortlisted for the next phase.
- Last year IBPS RRB PO prelims Cut off was 64.50 and IBPS RRB Clerk prelims cut off was 76. You should now aim to attempt at least 5 questions more with accuracy than the previous years' cut-off.
- You can check the IBPS RRB previous years' cut-off of IBPS RRB PO and IBPS RRB Clerk here.
3. Previous Year Exam Analysis
- Previous year exam analysis will help you to know the types of questions that have been asked against PO and Clerk examinations.
- This will help you identify the topic with maximum weightage.
- This will also help you to know the difficulty level.
4. Time Management
- As there will be no sectional timing you can devote time to each section according to your preference.
- Prelims exam is all about managing time, speed, and accuracy to secure your entry pass for the mains examination.
- Do not waste too much of your time on a single question. You can skip questions to be attempted later as per your convenience.
5. Online Mock/Speed Test
- Online mock tests play an important role in scoring better in any banking examination.
- Regular practice from a mock test will help you analyze your performance and compare it with the last performance so that you can identify if you are improving or not.
- This will help you find your weak and strong areas.
- The IBPS RRB Mock tests will also aid in increasing your speed, time, and accuracy.
Tips to Prepare Reasoning and Quant Section
- Topics from this section can help you score well if you practice them with all your heart and mind.
- Practice topics like Puzzle, Syllogism, Coding-decoding, inequality, and other miscellaneous topics rigorously. Topics apart from puzzles are easy to attempt and scoring.
- Do not expect an easy level of exam. Practice puzzles on a daily basis of 1-2 variables or kind.
- You are less likely to commit a mistake in this section if you have a good hold on the calculation part.
- This section can be the most scoring of all, all it requires practice and calculation speed.
- Practice topics like simplification/approximation, Number series, Quadratic Equation, Arithmetic topics apart from DI.
- Avoid guesswork. Solve the question properly and then mark the answer.
To crack any examination, it is important to follow a well-organized schedule that covers all the important topics and chapters for your upcoming exams. A study plan eliminates the chances of having skipping any must do topics. This is why a study plan is the must thing that should be prepared before you start your preparation.
Check Important topics for IBPS RRB PO and Clerk Preparation
|Reasoning Ability||Numerical Ability|
Must Remember Points:
- Make use of a timer while solving questions this will help you know the time taken for a single question.
- Solve full-length mock tests on a weekly basis or after revising certain topics.
- Prepare yourself to face the high-level competition in the exam.
- Avoid random guessing the exam. Start your preparation with the strongest subject or topic. This will gain your confidence in your preparation.
- Try to beat your score and the time taken to solve a question.
This was all about the beginners' guide to crack IBPS RRB 2021 exams. We hope the article has served its purpose. If you have any queries, do let us know below in the comment section.
To help you analyze your performance and to make you exam-ready with an actual exam-like experience, we have launched a new course for your IBPS RRB 2021 exam preparation. Check the details of the course and take a free trial now.
What will you get in this course?
- 300+ Interactive Live Classes for complete conceptual clarity
- 10000+ Practice Questions covering all levels of difficulty
- 80+ Full-Length Mock Tests & 100+ PDFs
- Full coverage of Quant, Reasoning, English, Hindi, Computer & GA
You can enroll yourself in varieties of other courses and exam preparation by subscribing our Test Series.
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
1. Avail recent trend Mock Tests which are designed by Exam Experts.
2. Detailed Question Level Solution Analysis.
3. Complete Performance Report along with Strength and Weakness Assessment.
4. Know your All India Rank.
5. Tips and tricks by experts to Crack the Exam.
Best of Luck for the examination!
Sahi Prep Hai Toh Life Set Hai