Beginners Tips to Clear IBPS RRB 2022 Exam in the First Attempt
Check the few important points or prerequisites that will surely help you balance your preparation for the upcoming exams.
1. Exam Pattern and Syllabus
This is the foremost thing that you should be clear of. Having a deep idea of the IBPS RRB exam pattern and syllabus will help you know what will be asked and what is the exam structure. Knowing the important topics and exam structure will be a blessing for your preparation.
(a) Preliminary Exam Pattern:
- There will be no sectional timing in either IBPS RRB Officer scale-1 or IBPS RRB officer Assistant.
- There will be only two sections in the preliminary exam both in PO & Clerk
- The exam will comprise only 80 questions. But you will have composite timing of 45 minutes to complete the exam.
- Negative marking will also be there. You will lose 1/4th Mark for every wrong answer.
- Reasoning and Numerical ability both sections will have 40 questions each.
(b) Mains Exam Pattern:
- There will be no sectional timing in the IBPS RRB mains exam either.
- There will be a total of 5 sections and you will have a choice between Hindi and English Language.
- A section on Computer Knowledge will also be there.
- Check the complete IBPS RRB Exam Pattern 2022 here.
Don't miss to check the IBPS RRB Syllabus also.
2. Previous Year's Cut off
- The level of the exam for both PO and Clerk will be different so will the cut-off.
- The rough idea about the cut-off for a particular exam helps you to identify how many questions you must attempt in order to get shortlisted for the next phase.
- Last year IBPS RRB PO prelims Cut off was 64.50 and the IBPS RRB Clerk prelims cut-off was 76. You should now aim to attempt at least 5 questions more with accuracy than the previous year's cut-off.
- You can check the IBPS RRB previous year's cut-off of IBPS RRB PO and IBPS RRB Clerk here.
3. Previous Year Exam Analysis
- Previous year exam analysis will help you to know the types of questions that have been asked against PO and Clerk examinations.
- This will help you identify the topic with maximum weightage.
- This will also help you to know the difficulty level.
4. Time Management
- As there will be no sectional timing you can devote time to each section according to your preference.
- Prelims exam is all about managing time, speed, and accuracy to secure your entry pass for the IBPS RRB mains examination.
- Do not waste too much of your time on a single question. You can skip questions to be attempted later as per your convenience.
5. Online Mock/Speed Test
- Online mock tests play an important role in scoring better in any banking examination.
- Regular practice from a mock test will help you analyze your performance and compare it with the last performance so that you can identify if you are improving or not.
- This will help you find your weak and strong areas.
- The IBPS RRB Mock tests will also aid in increasing your speed, time, and accuracy.
Attempt IBPS RRB 2022 Online Mock Test
Tips to Prepare Reasoning and Quant Section
To achieve a high score, it is essential to prioritize the proper questions according to their level of complexity and the amount of time you have to complete the task. To get the highest possible score, you must first choose the proper questions, even if you can solve problems quickly and accurately. Prioritizing the questions will enable you to earn the most points in the allotted period.
- Topics from this section can help you score well if you practice them with all your heart and mind.
- Practice topics like puzzles, Syllogism, Coding-decoding, inequality, and other miscellaneous topics rigorously. Topics apart from puzzles are easy to attempt and score.
- Do not expect an easy level of exam. Practice puzzles on a daily basis of 1-2 variables or kinds.
- You are less likely to commit a mistake in this section if you have a good hold on the calculation part.
- This section can be the most scoring of all, it requires practice and calculation speed.
- Practice topics like simplification/approximation, Number series, Quadratic Equation, and Arithmetic topics apart from DI.
- Avoid guesswork. Solve the question properly and then mark the answer.
To crack any examination, it is important to follow a well-organized schedule that covers all the important topics and chapters for your upcoming exams. A study plan eliminates the chances of skipping any must-do topics. This is why a study plan is the must thing that should be prepared before you start your preparation.
Check Important topics for IBPS RRB PO and Clerk Preparation
Exam takers should review the entire syllabus several days before the exam, not simply the night before. Additionally, they need to spend more time on the subjects or topics they have questions about. To be a game-changer in the IBPS RRB prelims exam, ask for assistance when necessary, and attempt mock tests & daily quizzes.
|Reasoning Ability||Numerical Ability|
Must Remember Points:
- Make use of a timer while solving questions this will help you know the time taken for a single question.
- Solve full-length mock tests on a weekly basis or after revising certain topics.
- Prepare yourself to face the high-level competition in the exam.
- Avoid random guessing the exam. Start your preparation with the strongest subject or topic. This will gain your confidence in your preparation.
- Try to beat your score and the time taken to solve a question.
This was all about the beginners' guide to crack IBPS RRB 2022 exams. We hope the article has served its purpose. If you have any queries, do let us know below in the comment section.
If you are aiming to clear the IBPS RRB exam in 2022, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Click here to access Bank Test Series
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
Commentswrite a comment