UGC NET Subjects 2023
The UGC NET exam is conducted for various subjects, and candidates must choose the subject of their choice to appear for the exam. Knowing the subjects will help candidates to make an informed decision about their area of interest and specialization. The subject list for UGC NET 2023 will be discussed in this article. Based on their master's degree subject, candidates must choose one of the UGC NET subjects.
Paper 1 (General Aptitude) and Paper 2 are the two sections of the UGC NET. Each subject has a different syllabus, and candidates need to be familiar with the topics covered in the exam. Knowing the subjects will enable candidates to understand the syllabus and prepare accordingly.
UGC NET Subject List PDF
We have added the UGC NET subject list PDF for the convenience of the aspirants. Candidates can download the PDF and access it anytime, anywhere, without the need for an internet connection. The PDF provides clarity on the subjects offered for the exam. It lists all the subjects available, and candidates can choose the subject of their choice accordingly. You can download the PDF by clicking the direct link below.
Overall, downloading the UGC NET subject list PDF is essential for candidates to understand the exam, choose the right subject, plan their preparation, and avoid confusion about the subjects offered by the authorities.
UGC NET Subject List
The UGC NET subject list is a useful resource for candidates who are preparing for the NET exam. Each subject has its unique requirements, and candidates need to prepare accordingly. Knowing the subjects will enable candidates to focus on the topics that are specific to their subject and prepare more effectively. You will find the list of subjects along with the UGC NET Subject Codes in the table below.
UGC NET Subjects
|Adult Education/Continuing Education/Andragogy/Non-Formal Education||46|
|Arab Culture and Islamic Studies||49|
|Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies||60|
|Comparative Study of Religions||62|
|Computer Science and Applications||87|
|Defence and Strategic Studies||11|
|Economics/Rural Economics/Co-operation/Demography/Development Planning/Development Studies/Econometrics/Applied Economics/Development Economics/Business Economics||1|
|French (French Version)||39|
|Human Rights and Duties||92|
|Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management||55|
|Library and Information Science||59|
|Management (including Business Admn. Mgt./Marketing/Marketing Mgt./Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./Financial Mgt./Co-operative Management)||17|
|Mass Communication and Journalism||63|
|Museology & Conservation||66|
|Performing Art - Dance/Drama/Theatre||65|
|Politics including International Relations/International Studies including Defence/Strategic Studies, West Asian Studies, South East Asian Studies, African Studies, South Asian Studies, Soviet Studies, American Studies||90|
|Sanskrit traditional subjects (including Jyotisha/Sidhanta Jyotish/Navya Vyakarna/Vyakarna/Mimansa/Navya Nyaya/Sankhya Yoga/Tulanatmaka Darsan/Shukla Yajurveda/Madhav Vedant/Dharmasasta/Sahitya/Puranotihasa/Agama)||73|
|Social Medicine & Community Health||82|
|Tourism Administration and Management.||93|
|Tribal and Regional Language/Literature||70|
|Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/Sculpture Graphics/Applied Art/History of Art)||79|
Tips to Select the UGC NET Subject
Choosing the right UGC NET subject is a crucial step in preparing for the exam. Here are some tips to help candidates select the right subject:
- The first and foremost rule of choosing a subject out of the UGC NET Subject list is that candidates must appear in the subject of their Post-Graduation.
- However, candidates may appear in a related subject if their post-graduation subject is not included on the NET subject list. For instance, the subject of Population Studies (Code 015) is open to applicants who hold a Master's Degree in Geography with a concentration in population studies or in mathematics or statistics.
- Candidates should choose a subject that they are interested in and have a passion for. Interest in a subject will help candidates to stay motivated and engaged during their preparation.
- Candidates should ensure that sufficient study material is available for the subject they choose. They should research and make sure that there are enough UGC NET Books and study materials available that cover the syllabus comprehensively.
- Lastly, candidates should consider their strengths and weaknesses while selecting the UGC NET subject. They should choose a subject that matches their strengths and interests and also work on their weaknesses.
Note: In UGC NET, a candidate cannot, under any circumstances, change the subject they choose. Therefore, the candidate should select the subject carefully.
Preparation Tips for Upcoming NET Exam 2023
Effective preparation for the National Eligibility Test requires a combination of hard work, dedication, and smart study strategies. By following these tips, candidates can prepare well for the exam and increase their chances of success.
- Make sure you thoroughly review the UGC NET syllabus and exam format before you start preparing for the exam.
- Practice with question papers from the previous year and their answers every day.
- Revision of all topics from the topics should be done daily.
- Make sure you keep up with your progress by taking regular UGC NET Mock Tests.
Commentswrite a comment