What is the UGC NET Full Form?
UGC NET is the acronym of the University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test. To eliminate the confusion we have presented the UGC NET full form here. This exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted on behalf of UGC to determine the eligibility of the candidates for the posts of Assistant Professor, Junior Research Fellow, or both. Qualified candidates can apply for jobs in various Indian Universities and Colleges. This exam is one of the oldest eligibility tests in the country.
UGC NET Full Form in Hindi
UGC NET विश्वविद्यालय अनुदान आयोग राष्ट्रीय पात्रता परीक्षा का संक्षिप्त रूप है। यह परीक्षा नेशनल टेस्टिंग एजेंसी (एनटीए) द्वारा आयोजित की जाती है। नेशनल एलिजिबिलिटी टेस्ट (NET) यूजीसी की ओर से असिस्टेंट प्रोफेसर, जूनियर रिसर्च फेलो, या दोनों के पदों के लिए उम्मीदवारों की पात्रता निर्धारित करने के लिए आयोजित किया जाता है। योग्य उम्मीदवार विभिन्न भारतीय विश्वविद्यालयों और कॉलेजों में नौकरी के लिए आवेदन कर सकते हैं। यह परीक्षा देश की सबसे पुरानी पात्रता परीक्षा में से एक है।
UGC NET Full Form Introduction
- The University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (NET), otherwise called UGC NET Exam or NTA-UGC-NET, is the assessment for deciding the qualification for the post of assistant professor and additionally Junior Research Fellowship in Indian colleges and universities.
- The assessment is directed by the National Testing Agency for the benefit of the University Grants Commission. Till July 2018, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) led the UGC NET test, which the NTA has been directing since December 2018.
- As of now, the test is being directed double a year in the long stretches of June and December in online mode.
- Besides being eligible for the assistant professor post after qualifying for this examination, candidates who are planning to go for ph.d, can get a lot of relaxation from qualifying for this examination.
- NET qualified candidates are exempted from entrance tests for Ph.D. admissions (some universities are exceptions). It also gives weightage to NET- JRF qualified candidates in the admission process. If you qualify for JRF, you will also be provided with a research fellowship while your Ph.D.
UGC NET Full Form Overview
Check the important points of the UGC NET exam is must be known by the UGC NET aspirants
UGC NET Meaning
UGC NET ka Full Form
University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test
National Testing Agency (NTA)
101 subjects (Paper 2)
Twice a Year
Type of Questions
Multiple Choice Question
Medium of Paper
English and Hindi (Language courses may have exceptions)
UGC NET Official Website
UGC NET Exam Pattern:
The UGC NET Exam Pattern is explained in below table:
No. of Questions
Paper - 1
100 (2 marks each)
03 hours (180 minutes) without any break.
All the questions are compulsory.
Paper - 2
200 (2 marks each)
- The question paper comprised a total of 150 MCQs.
- Paper 1: showing fitness, correspondence, Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude Syllabus, Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude, People, Development and Environment, Higher Education System, and Research Methodology-involving 50 MCQs.
- Paper 2: Subject explicit Knowledge-involving 100 MCQs
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers in the UGC NET test.
- +2 will be conceded for each correct answer.
UGC NET Eligibility:
The UGC NET Eligibility is given in the below points:
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Masters' Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer / Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / Persons with disability (PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Masters's degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master's degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited may also apply for this Test.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No. 9, may appear in a related subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Masters level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- JRF: The candidate should not be more than 31 years. There are a few relaxations as well.
- Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for candidates to apply for UGC NET (Assistant Professor).
UGC NET Syllabus:
- The UGC NET Syllabus is divided into two parts. Syllabus for Paper 1 and subject-specific syllabus.
- The candidates could refer to official website for the syllabus or click the link below.