Also, go through the detailed UGC NET Syllabus 2022 for Paper 1 for better understanding.
Properly understanding the exam pattern, syllabus, pattern from previous year's questions, and a smart study using limited resources could make your preparation holistic to clear JRF.
Points to Remember for your UGC NET in Education Exam 2022
- The important thing to crack JRF in Education is to keep the updated UGC NET syllabus with you. Read the syllabus line by line.
- Another important thing is identifying the areas/topics that are scored and repeated questions being asked by NTA most of the time.
- Identify your strong and weak areas or topics in Education. For example- Technology in Education and Inclusive Education is very scoring topics of Education. Avoid making any mistakes in the questions from these topics.
- Do work upon your weak areas. For example- an aspiring candidate finds Pedagogy, Andragogy, and Assessment, Learner and Learning Process a bit difficult. Therefore, practice more on these topics.
- Avoid reading guides or help books available in the market, a holistic approach is the only key.
- Start with your basics UGC NET books that you read in your B.Ed./M.Ed./M.Sc. Ed/MA ed., for a quick recap.
- Revision of these books will help you in saving a lot of time.
- Attempt mock tests and UGC NET previous year questions.
- Do not take Paper-2 lightly. Most candidates put their all focus on Paper-I but forget that Paper II is of 200 marks. It is very important for scoring good marks in the UGC NET Exam.
Preparation strategy for your UGC NET in Education Exam 2022
1. Previous Year Paper Analysis:
- Key analysis drawn from the previous year's NET in Education is that NTA tests candidates' objective knowledge and practical approach skills.
- Appeared/Appearing students in the postgraduate degree in the field of Education are expected to develop fair critical reasoning skills and sound knowledge to answer the questions.
- Only objective questions are being asked in the paper, and thorough subjective knowledge is necessary.
- Real-life and practical skills acquired during TLP are an advantage to answering practical-based questions.
- All options seem correct so that thorough subjective knowledge will make you to BYJU'S Exam Prep in it.
2. Key Areas to be studied:
These are 10 units according to the latest syllabus, out of which, questions are asked in your Paper 2 :
- Learner and Learning Process
- History, Politics, and Economics of Education
- Educational Studies
- Educational Management, Administration, and Leadership
- Inclusive Education
- Research in Education
- Curriculum Studies
- Pedagogy, Andragogy, and Assessment
- Teacher Education
- Technology in/ for Education
Some of the important topics from the above units which are important as well as scoring :
MOST IMPORTANT TOPICS
PAPER 2: Education ( 2021 )
Contribution of Western schools of thoughts
Approaches to Sociology of Education
Committees and Commissions on Education
Educational Policy and National Development
Growth and Development
Principles and Theories of learning
Instructional Design and technique
Educational Research and methodology
Pedagogy of Education
Concept of Educational Technology
Use of ICT in Education
Emerging Trends in e-learning
Concept, Principle, and Scope of Inclusive Education
Barriers and Facilitators in Inclusive Education
Principle and strategies of curriculum development
Professional ethics and principles as a teacher
New Education Policy*
Concept of Quality and Quality in Education
Some conclusions from the ongoing trend of question papers:
- Most scoring areas: Education policies, commission, and committees :
- The scoring and important area is the chairman of Committees and Year of commission establishment and reports submission.
- Practical-based question from your teaching-learning practice owns good weightage.
- Inclusive Education is very important.
- Aim to cover above highlighted areas with proper revision
- Eliminating options technique can also make you reach the right options, which can develop through subjective knowledge and practice
- Attempt practical based questions with a critical reasoning and analytical approach
3. Strategy for UGC NET Education: Paper 2
- Make yourself aware of the examination pattern
- Keep your sources limited and practice more
- Start your revision by scanning your college books
- At least 3-4 hours daily devotion for a minimum 2 months, Devote at least 4 hours thoroughly
- Make yourself familiar with all the important points given in the syllabus.
- Make a habit of writing notes for your revision a few days before the examination.
- Talk Less Act More strategy with at least one mock test/topic test daily.
- Time management and routine based study for each topic
- Revision is the key to your success, and retention will make par the exam
- Focus on the quality study and prepare with smart strategies to attempt questions. Many times the elimination method works well in attempting the multiple-choice questions.
- In the exam preparation strategy, allocate proper time to practice Paper 1.
Important Books for UGC NET Education: Paper 2
Education is a vast subject, and it includes several topics like philosophy, psychology, sociology, etc. To cover the designated syllabus by NTA, the following books which are available in both English and Hindi medium can be studied by the students:
- N. R. Swaroop Saxena
- Uma Tandon
- Aruna Gupta
- Raman Bihari Lal
- Dr Girish Pichori
- J.C. Aggarwal
- S.P. Ruhela
- J.S. Walia
Note- In the UGC NET Exam, questions are framed on theoretical and practical knowledge. Therefore candidates should work on both theoretical as well as practical knowledge.
Commentswrite a comment