Screen Out in SSB
Being Screen Out in SSB from the stage 1 testing for the Interview is really unpleasant. Clearing the screening test qualifies you for five days of stage 2 testing. Therefore, you must be completely prepared for it. The majority of applicants have no idea what is expected of them during the screening tests (PPDT), so let's speak about what to do to avoid SSB screen out is not acceptable.
First of all, Day 1 of the NDA Exam (Screening) is divided into two parts:
- OIR Test
- Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PPDT)
Reasons for Getting Screen Out in SSB Interview
The screening test is the first of five days of testing that the board uses to weed out candidates. Assessors are looking for candidates who demonstrate certain attributes during the screening test but who won't be useful for the next four days. The reasons for getting screened out in SSB Interview are as follows:
- Lack of Understanding of Procedures in NDA SSB Interview - Sometimes, one is not familiar with the procedures to be followed during the NDA SSB screening. In case a candidate is inattentive during the briefing by the NDA SSB interviewer and becomes clueless and confused during the NDA SSB screening procedure. This can be noticed very easily by the interviewer and lead one towards rejection.
Lack of Analytical Abilities - Good analytical ability is required at almost all stages (OIR test or PPDT). Someone with low analytical ability will not be able to clear the officer intelligence test (OIR) at first. In case he manages to clear OIR, there is a very low chance that he will clear the PPDT and thematic appreciation test.
- Lack of Communication Skill - Fluency in speaking English with a decent vocabulary is one the most important quality required to clear NDA SSB. If one does not possess good communication skills, he will not be able to express himself at any stage of the NDA SSB Interview. In addition to this, he will not be able to write and narrate his story properly. Once this flaw becomes noticeable to others, chances of selection drop significantly.
- Lack of Imagination - A great imagination is required to write imaginary stories after observing the image in the picture perception description test. If one lacks strong imagination power, he cannot write an impressive story. In addition to this, he will not be able to modify his story during group discussions, which can generally lead to a rejection of the candidate.
- Negativity and Preconceived Script - A candidate with a negative mindset at the time of screening tends to write negative stories based on any negative theme or object shown in the picture. Negative stories are neither liked by the group members nor by the interviewers. To justify his story, sometimes, the student becomes arrogant. Few students write a story with a preconceived script formed before looking at the picture or during preparation. These type of stories does not have any link or association with the shown picture. These two mistakes committed during the PPDT can lead one to rejection even on the first day of NDA SSB screening.
- Poor Time Management - Time management is very crucial at all the stages of NDA SSB screening, whether it's the OIR test, PPDT, group discussion or psychology test. Hassles created during the last moment due to poor time management can be noticed by the interviewer and lead to rejection.
- Poor Story Narration - Sometimes, after writing a good story, a candidate fails to narrate it properly due to various reasons like poor communication skills, nervousness, lack of practice etc. It can result in rejection.
- Stubborn Attitude in Group Discussion/ Lack of Team Spirit during Group Tasks - In the group discussion, a few candidates try to impose their thoughts and beliefs on others by shouting or talking aggressively. This reduces the chance of any productive conclusion and hampers the chances of making a common story after group discussion. During the group task, in order to impress interviewers, few candidates tried to do more than the assigned work, which put the whole team in a problem. This selfish attitude and lack of team spirit can result in rejection.
- Poor Body Language/ Nervousness/ Stress - Manners, etiquettes, body language, and confidence are qualities that are checked at every stage of NDA SSB screening. Desperation, false information about self, and lack of preparation result in a lack of confidence, stress and inappropriate body language. The interviewer or panel can easily observe it during the conference, which can result in rejection.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App
Commentswrite a comment