OPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021: The Orissa Public Service Commission has invited eligible candidates for the application for the 385 posts Vacancy for Assistant Professor for the state universities of Orissa.
- All candidates who have been waiting for this vacancy should apply now.
- NTA / UGC NET and State SET Qualified candidates can apply online after verifying other eligibility criteria.
- The candidates can apply online starting July 23, 2021. The deadline for online registration and payment is August 23, 2021.
- 31st August 2021 is the last date for the submission of registered candidates.
- For candidates who have NET and SET qualifications and are seeking an associate professor position, this is a golden opportunity.
- Selection will be based on API scores.
In this article we will discuss in details Eligibility criteria, Application begins to date and other relevant information.
OPSC Assistant Professor Exam Date & Important Events
OPSC Assistant Professor Notification released
Last date for depositing the fees
Last date for submitting the application form
OPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment Procedure: Intimation Letter
To be announced
To be announced
To be announced
OPSC Assistant Professor Application Form Fee:
- Application fees are Rs. 400/-
- SC/ST of Orissa state and PWD (>40%) are exempted
OPSC Assistant Professor Vacancy 2021 Details
Find the official details about the Discipline wise Vacancy details for Assistant Professor in OPSC below:
|Subject||No. of Vacancies|
Detailed Category wise Subject List- Click here
OPSC Assistant Professor Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Minimum Age: 21 Years
- Maximum Age: 45 Years
- There will be a 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit for SC/ST/SEBC/Women candidates and a 10-year relaxation for PWD candidates.
- A masters degree is a must for applying to OPSC assistant professor (teacher education).
- Good academic performance, with at least a 55% score for a master's degree in a related discipline from an Indian university, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. SC / ST / OBC (NCL) / PWD candidates have 5% relaxation.
- The candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) Exam conducted by the UGC or CSIR.
- Candidates who are/ have been awarded a PhD. Degree by the UGC (Min. Std.& Procedure for the Award of a PhD Degree) Regulations, 2009, are exempted from the requirement of the min. eligibility condition of UGC NET.
Other Eligibility Conditions:
- The candidate should know how to read, write and speak in Odia.
- He/She should have passed the upper primary examination with Odia as a subject.
Detailed subject wise eligibility: Click here
OPSC Assistant Professor Application Form Online 2021
The application form will begin on August 25th, 2021, and end on September 26th, 2021. Please note that candidates must meet OPSC Associate Faculty eligibility criteria prior to submitting the online application. Candidates should remember that if the data provided is incorrect, they will be banned from taking future exams at Odisha.
How to apply online for the post of OPSC Assistant Professor
- Candidates should visit the official OPSC website.
- Top right corner: Click "Online Application"
- Select 'OPSC Assistant Professor: Click New Registration', if you have already registered, click Register User.
- On the next page, candidates will be able to view the application form.
- Candidates must complete the basic information: personal, professional, educational and academic work, and finally, pay the application fee.
- Note: A valid mobile phone number and email are very important.
- Generate a unique PPSN number, print the application form and sign it in the designated place.
- Please keep the request form for future reference.
- If candidates' statements are found to be false, they will be prohibited from taking future OPSC exams.
OPSC Assistant Professor 2021: List of Documents to be produced when asked for Document Verification
Together with the printed copy of the correctly filled, signed and submitted application form, the original and self-inspection of the following documents will be provided:
- Class X Certificates & Marksheet
- Class XII Certificate & Marksheet
- Bachelor's degree with Marksheet
- Master's degree with Marksheet
- NET/SET certificate
- M.Phil/Ph.D Certificate & related documents ( if available)
- Caste certificate/PWD certificate ( If applicable) ( issued by competent authority)
OPSC Assistant Professor Selection Procedure 2021
- Candidates for the position of assistant professor will be selected through API scoring and pre-selection of OPSC committee review, and then document verification.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in the interview.
- Candidates should pay close attention to the official OPSC website: www.opsc.gov.in
- OPSC will send text messages and emails to selected candidates for their intimation letter and interview.
Selection Process for Assistant Professor in Orissa Public Service Commission (OPSC)
- Educational Qualification- 100 marks.
- Interview- 15 marks.
- The final merit list will be prepared out of 115 Marks.
Criteria for Short-listing of Candidates for Interview for the Post of Assistant Professors in Orissa Public Service Commission (OPSC)
80% & Above = 21
60% to less than 80% = 19
55% to less than 60% =16
45% to less than 55% = 10
80% & Above= 25
60% to less than 80% = 23
55% (50% in case of SC / ST /
OBC (non-creamy layer) /PwBD) to less than 60% = 20
60% and above= 07
55% to less than 60%=05
NET with JRF
Research Publications (2 marks for each research publication published in peer-reviewed or UGC- listed Journals)
Teaching/Post Doctoral Experience (2marks for one year each)#
International/National Level (Awards given by International
Organizations /Government of India / Government of India recognized National Level Bodies)
State-Level (Awards given by State Government)
- M.Phil+PhD= Maximum 25 marks
- JRF/NET/SET -Maximum 10 Marks
- Awards category= Maximum 3 marks
- Academic Score- 84
- Research Publications- 06
- Teaching Experience- 10
- Total Score- 100
OPSC Assistant Professor Salary and Job Profile 2021
- Assistant professor's salary as per the Pay Band of Rs. 15600-39100/- with the Grade pay Rs. 6000/- (which is Level-10)
- Assistant professors will be assigned to any undergraduate university in Odisha to teach graduate students from universities affiliated with the University of Odisha.
- Records of students who are teaching and guiding them in higher education/research.
- In addition to teaching, assistant professors also participate in the administrative and curricular activities of the university.
- Conduct research to improve your career prospects.
Preparation Tips for upcoming OPSC EXAM 2021
- Visit the OPSC website and learn more about the arts and culture of Orissa.
- Important higher education terms and changes in budgetary regulations.
- Start preparing for the interview on a schedule.
- Practice mock interviews and exercise your personality.
- Check your interview and other aspects Progress your resume.
- Study hard and stay healthy.
We hope that everyone has understood the OPSC 2021 Assistant Professor recruitment application process and got the Important details for Assistant Professor in OPSC.
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep
Sahi prep hai to life set hai!