Level up with CSAT Books for UPSC
CSAT book for UPSC will help the candidates to gear up their preparation. Mathematical problems and reasoning are the basic components of this paper. Many IAS aspirants have fear of facing maths problems, and some promising candidates are unable to clear prelims just because of CSAT Paper even though they score well in GS paper. That's why it is essential to choose the best CSAT book to start UPSC preparation.
Every student needs a reliable and trustworthy guide for UPSC Prelims preparation and for CSAT paper. There are tons of sources available online but it would be a wise choice to have CSAT books for UPSC to learn and practice. It gets pretty confusing as there are hundreds of books available in the market, but below we have prepared a list for candidates seeking the CSAT books for UPSC.
List of CSAT Books for UPSC
Below mentioned are the best UPSC Books for CSAT
- CSAT Book 1 - Analytical Reasoning- M K Pandey
- CSAT Book 2 - The Mantra of CSAT Paper II by Gautam Puri
- CSAT Book 3 - General Studies Paper-II for UPSC Preliminary Examination by Tata McGraw Hill
- CSAT Book 4 - Cracking the Civil Services Aptitude Test Paper-II by Arihant
- CSAT Book 5 - A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggrawal
Below we have mentioned why these are the best CSAT books for UPSC, and how can you enhance your preparation for CSAT.
Analytical Reasoning- M K Pandey
This is one of the highly recommended CSAT books for UPSC which will help the candidates to strengthen their analytical reasoning skills. It follows lucid language and makes the concept clear that will help you to solve the maths questions easily. This CSAT book for UPSC also teaches several tricks to solve analytical problems which are truly fruitful. You will find Complete details of the topics covered, and sample questions are also for practice.
The Mantra of CSAT Paper II by Gautam Puri
This is one of the few CSAT books for UPSC that follow the exam pattern properly. Candidates will also find solved papers of previous year's question papers which is the unique selling point of this book. It offers sample working exercises to enhance the logical and analytical problem-solving skills of the candidates. If you are searching for the best CSAT book for UPSC then you should definitely consider this option.
General Studies Paper-II for UPSC Preliminary Examination by Tata McGraw Hill
This CSAT book for UPSC is for the candidates who are targeting both UPSC and State PSC. Here short comprehensions are also included, and you will find a detailed analysis of the previous year's question papers. The model question paper of this CSAT book is based on the emerging trends.
Cracking the Civil Services Aptitude Test Paper-II by Arihant
In this CSAT book for UPSC, topics like Data Interpretation, Decision Making, General Mental Ability, Analytical Ability, and Problem-Solving Skills, and everything has been discussed clearly. Candidates will find a complete solution with charts and tables. 5 sample sets would help the candidates to enhance their time-management skills, accuracy, and problem-solving ability.
A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggrawal
Directions and non-Verbal Reasoning, Basic Analogy, Analytical Reasoning are explained in this book clearly. Some of the CSAT books for UPSC bring clarity of concept and this book is one of them. Questions from this book follow the latest trends and solving techniques to help candidates with their IAS Prelims Preparation.
Other Best CSAT Books for UPSC
Apart from the CSAT books we have mentioned above, there are other resources that can be beneficial for the candidates are
- Pearson CSAT manual.
- CSAT Conceptual Approach (Paper – 2) by P. N. Roy Chowdhury.
- CSAT (Paper-II) by Cl India.
- UPSC Portal: CSAT Comprehensive Manual.
- India’s Struggle For Independence – Bipan Chandra – History.
- NCERT Books for Standard 11 and 12, Oxford School Atlas – Oxford – Geography.
- Hindu Newspaper Economy Section – Economy.
- Hindu Newspaper Science and Technology Section – Science and Technology.
- Hindu Newspaper Environment News – Environment.
- Manorama Yearbook Current Affairs + General Awareness.
Other Important UPSC Topics