The AFCAT exam will be of two hours duration and will contain multiple-choice questions on verbal ability, numerical ability, reasoning general awareness, and military aptitude. AFCAT Question Paper will have 100 questions, each carrying three marks for every correct answer and for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted under negative marking. A proper plan towards preparation can land you in this sea of opportunities every day is an unending experience.
For the candidates opting for Technical duty, EKT(Engineering Knowledge Test) is also compulsory along with AFCAT Exam. EKT is a 45 min test comprising of 50 questions based on the specific discipline of the candidate.
Best Preparation Tips for AFCAT Exam
Here are some tips regarding AFCAT (general paper excluding EKT) which will be handy to kick-start your preparations:
- Read the latest magazines, daily newspaper reading can save you in the General Knowledge section. Keep yourself updated through these tools.
- For a deep study of General Knowledge, candidates should make sure to be updated about the latest books & authors.
- Remain informed regarding the First Award Holder in Sports, Winners, Cities located at the banks of famous rivers etc. This shall cover more than half of the questions in G.K.
- Read all the Mathematical formulae, it would be recommended to go through whatever formulae you have prepared. If not, solve all the questions from past year papers and some difficult ones
- Regarding English, one needs to be peculiar regarding the basics or Elementary education & focus more on Synonyms-Antonyms.
- Read a lot, it will help you in the English section, as this carries maximum weightage and is considered the most deadly among aspirants.
- There are no specific resources. However, it is recommended reading The Hindu Editorials and Reader’s Digest.
- Go through all the Previous Year Question Papers complete solutions are not available anywhere so you should solve on your own.
- There is a section which generally comes at the end of the paper – one which involves shapes. You can easily score at this section and you also don’t need to practice a lot. Understand the concept and logic behind those questions.
|See also: AFCAT Mock Test [Attempt Free]|
- Talking about Mathematics, topics with importance in the exam are:
- Percentage/ Ratio
- Profit & Loss
- Simple Interest/ Compound Interest
- The above 5 topics cover nearly 97% of the total questions being asked in Mathematics. So it is advisable that candidates need not to neglect them.
- In case of Ratio, remember the important derivatives such as a:b, b:c given the value of a:b:c other similar forms.
- In terms of Profit & Loss, one must go through the formulas for Selling Price, Cost Price, Market Price, Successive Discount, Error Percentage & the likes.
- Remember the Derivatives for Cubic Terms like a³+b³ etc.
- One needs to use the General formulas in Simple Interest & Compound Interest. Same applies for the WorkForce.
- Keep in mind & have a detailed practice on questions involving canisters/buckets/pipes.
- Pertaining to Science, candidates can go through Lucent’s General Science Columns. Have a thorough reading on topics such as
- Total Internal Reflection
- Dispersion of Light
Hope you have started your preparation and are moving at a steady pace.
Share your view, reviews, and doubts regarding AFCAT Exam!
All The Best
Commentswrite a comment