WBPSC JE Syllabus 2022
WBPSC JE Syllabus 2022 is released by the West Bengal Public Service Commission for the Junior Engineer post under the Subordinate Service of Engineers cadre. The selection is made on the basis of a single written exam and interview. WBPSC JE Syllabus is released for the written exam which consists of subject-specific questions, based on the candidate's qualification. The exam is for 200 marks and will be the criteria based on which candidates are selected for the post.
Hence, understanding WBPSC JE syllabus becomes crucial in order to crack the exam. It consists of all the important topics that will be asked in the exam and candidates can prepare them accordingly. Check out the WBPSC JE syllabus for the Civil, Electrical and Mechanical discipline below. Also, learn how to prepare WBPSC JE syllabus below to improve your chances of qualifying the exam.
WBPSC JE Syllabus PDF
The WBPSC JE syllabus is available for download on the official website. But aspirants face a lot of difficulties while finding the syllabus pdf on the website. Therefore, we have provided the WBPSC JE syllabus pdf link below. Candidates can easily download WBPSC JE syllabus PDF from the provided link.
WBPSC JE Syllabus 2022: Highlights
The major details of the WBPSC JE syllabus have been tabulated below for the benefit of the students. Applicants can quickly go through the crucial information illustrated about the exam.
|WBPSC JE Syllabus 2022 - Highlights|
|Recruiting Body||West Bengal Sub-ordinate Service of Engineers|
|Exam Name||Combined Competitive Exam|
|Post Name||Junior Engineer|
|Mode of Application||Online Only|
|Job Location||West Bengal|
WBPSC JE Syllabus for Civil Engineering
Aspirants from the civil engineering discipline must prepare the outlined WBPSC JE syllabus. Candidates can expect questions from the listed subjects and topics.
- Strength of Material
- Theory of Structure
- Steel Structure
- Concrete Structure
- Timber Structure
- Construction Materials & Practice
- Building Material
- Field Surveying
- Estimation, Costing & Contracts
- Public Health Engineering
- Water Supply
- Sanitary Engineering
- Principals of Irrigation
- Water Requirement of Crops
- Well Irrigation
- Tube well Irrigation
- Cross drainage works
- Head works
- Flood Control
- River Training Works
- Roads & Highways
- Road Geometrics
- Earth Works
- City Roads
- Hill Roads
- Roads Aggregate
- Highway Constructions
- Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering
- Civil Engineering Drawing
Mechanical Engineering WBPSC JE Syllabus
The mechanical engineering WBPSC JE syllabus is illustrated below. Candidates willing to appear in the WBPSC JE recruitment 2022 should master the elaborated syllabus. It will help in scoring better marks and increase the chances of their selection.
- Strength of Material
- Stress, Strain, Elasticity
- Rivetted Joints
- S.F & B.M
- Bending Stress
- Torsion of circular shafts (solid and hollow)
- Closed Coil helical spring
- Deflection of beam
- Columns and Struts
- Engineering Mechanics
- Centre of gravity and moment of Inertia
- Work, Power, Energy
- Transmission of Motion and Power
- Lifting Machines
- Fluid Mechanics & Machines
- Heat Power
- Air Compressor
- Refrigerator and Air-conditioning
- Manufacturing Process
- Heat treatment of Steel
- Pattern Making
- Welding and allied processes
- Mechanical working of metal
- Machine Tools
WBPSC JE Syllabus for Electrical Engineering
Good preparation assures selection in the WBPSC JE exam. However, aspirants need to prepare for the WBPSC JE Syllabus. The list of subject-wise and topic-wise electrical engineering WBPSC syllabus has been illustrated below:
- Elementary Circuit Analysis
- DC Circuit
- AC Circuit
- Three Phase
- Measuring Instruments
- Power Factor
- OH Line
- Protective Devices
- Design, Estimating
- Conservation of Energy
WBPSC JE Syllabus - Weightage
WBPSC JE exam pattern is important to understand before starting your preparation of the syllabus. Candidates should know the paper pattern to have the framework within which to prepare for the exam. We have discussed WBPSC JE exam pattern below for candidates to check out.
- There will be one paper consisting of one subject based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Questions will be objective-type in nature.
- There will be 100 questions in total.
- Candidates will be awarded 2 marks for each correct answer.
- WBPSC JE total marks are 200.
- The total duration of the exam is 2 hours.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering||100||200||2 Hours|
Best Books to Prepare WBPSC JE Syllabus
Candidates can find a lot of resources on the internet. But while choosing the best books, aspirants must consider the suggestions of the applicants who aced the examination. The best books for the WBPSC JE exam 2022 are as follows:
|Civil Engineering||Civil Engineering: Through Objective Type Questions by SS Gupta & SP Gupta|
Tips to Prepare WBPSC JE Syllabus
The WBPSC JE syllabus is quite vast. Therefore, aspirants must start preparing for the examination at the earliest. Here is some expert advice following which candidates can quickly learn and practice the WBPSC JE syllabus.
- A thorough understanding of the WBPSC JE syllabus is necessary for the students aiming to ace the exam.
- Since the WBPSC JE exam syllabus is vast, therefore, aspirants should break down the exam syllabus into small topics and sub-topics.
- Upon completion of the division of the WBPSC JE exam syllabus, aspirants must refer to the quality books. A book must have in-depth subject knowledge and more questions for practice.
- Many aspirants follow the above-outlined points but must follow a timetable consistently. Therefore, making a study plan and sticking to it is suggested.
- On completing the WBPSC JE syllabus, students should take mock tests to check their preparedness for the examination.