The Assistant Engineer (AE) and Junior Engineer (JE) examinations are conducted every year to recruit deserving candidates for the managerial and technical jobs in the various department of the organisation. AE JE Exams are conducted both at the State level and Central level. Every state announces vacancies for the post of assistant engineer and junior engineer separately. It is essential for AE JE aspirants to continually check for posts that are advertised on the official websites and dashboards.
An average of 150 jobs is advertised by each state annually. That adds up to over 5000 annual engineering job openings across the country. Important AE JE jobs released by the states and central govt. cover openings in Electronics, Civil, and Mechanical Engineering majorly. All the AE JE jobs are well paid that offer many perks and benefits with an excellent job profile.
It is a dream for several people to land a Junior Engineer Sarkari Naukri or Assistant Engineer Government Jobs. One of the major AE JE exams that is conducted at the Central level are the RRB JE and SSC JE exam. SSC JE and RRB JE are the largest exam for which lakhs of candidates apply.
List of AE JE Exams
AE JE Exams are the most popular exams for which candidates who have qualified the B. E/B. Tech or have higher educational qualifications apply. Here, we have compiled a list of the common AE JE exams along with the exam date and vacancy details. The following list of AE JE exams will help you to stay updated with the information related to the exam.
Upcoming AE & JE Exams 2022
AE JE Exam Syllabus
The AE JE syllabus varies as per the exam recruiting body. However, the majority of the syllabus for AE JE syllabus is same for all the other AE and JE Exams. The syllabus for the AE JE exams is given below.
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Space visualization
- Decision making
- Visual memory
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Verbal and figure classification
- Arithmetical number series
- Current events of matters of everyday observations & experience in the scientific aspect
- India and its neighbouring countries events
- Economic Scene
- General Polity and Scientific Research, etc.
- Important Days and Dates
- State GK for state-level AE JE exams
As per the engineering discipline
AE JE Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for each of the AE JE sarkari exams vary as per the engineering discipline. However, the basic AE JE Eligibility Criteria is mentioned below:
- A degree in B.E or B.Tech or M.Tech or Diploma in the relevant engineering discipline as per the exam.
- You must be between 21 to 30 years. The age limit is likely to vary as per the recruiting organization.
Every AE JE Vacancy is accompanied by a description of the educational qualification and age limit. The Staff Selection Commission or SSC usually announces the list of positions for junior engineers. Assistant engineer jobs can be found either on the state sites or SSC site.
AE JE Exam
Preparation for an assistant engineer exam or junior engineer exam begins well in advance. This is what you need to know when preparing for it:
- Junior engineer exam: The general examination format remains the same whether you opt for the SSC junior engineer exam or the GATE Junior Engineer exam. There are two major sections – general awareness and technical awareness. The first section covers current affairs, Geography, English, and Math. Like the exam format, these topics are common as well to SSC JE and GATE Junior Engineer exams. The second is the technical paper, which covers questions relevant to your specific field of engineering. The second paper accounts for about 60 percent of the total score.
- Assistant engineer exam: Every state has a set pattern for this exam. Some may include a mix of general awareness and technical questions. Some formats may consist of a written exam followed by a viva. Other states may have a combination of compulsory and optional papers to be attempted. You must check for the exam syllabus as well as format so you can prepare adequately. The duration of the written test could last anywhere between 2 and 3 hours. Most objective sections of the test are conducted online. Some technical and subjective sections of the exam may be done offline as well.
Applying for a junior engineer Sarkari Naukri or the job of an assistant engineer in a government enterprise is the dream many students hope to realize. While there are tens of thousands of applicants vying for fewer jobs, there is hope for each one. The right kind of understanding, guidance and a systematic preparation pattern can enable you to approach the exams from a place of strength and improve your chances significantly.