Tata Iron and Steel Company
- Tata Iron and Steel Company, popularly known as TISCO, is one of Asia's oldest and biggest manufacturers.
- The first iron and steel manufacturing facility in India, known as the Tata Iron and Steel Company (TISCO), was formed on August 26, 1907, in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, by Jamsetji and Dorabji Tata, respectively.
- Pig iron manufacture by the Tata Iron and Steel Company began in 1911, and steel production followed in 1912.
- During the First World War, Tata Iron and Steel Company advanced quickly, and by 1939, it was running the largest steel plant in the British Empire.
- The location of the Tata Iron and Steel Company in Jamshedpur had a number of benefits, including being close to iron ore, coal, and manganese reserves, as well as Kolkata, which supplied a sizable market.
- The rivers Kharkai and Subarnarekha guarantee a sufficient quantity of water.
- The Tata Iron & Steel Company's corporate offices are located in Mumbai, Maharashtra, and its marketing headquarters are in Kolkata in West Bengal.
- There are 26 nations where it has manufacturing activities, including India, Australia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, France, Canada, and the United Arab Emirates.
- The lifting and excavation, engineering, automation, military and security, among other industries, use the iron and steel produced by Tata Iron and Steel Company.
- Jamshedpur, a city in the state of Jharkhand, became the site of the country's first iron and steel industry.
The Earliest Iron and Steel Company to be Established in India was 1. IISCO 2. TISCO 3. Visvesvaraiya Iron and Steel Works 4. Mysore Iron and Steel Works
TISCO is the earliest Iron and Steel Company which was established in India by Jamsetji Tata in 1907
- In O2 F2 the Oxidation Number of Oxygen is
- The 'essential whorls' of a Flower are (a) Calyx (b) Corolla (c) Androcium (d) Gynoecium
- The Main Constituent of LPG is ______
- The Most Stable Orbital among the following are
- Which of the following Displays the Contents of the Active Cell in MS Excel?
- Which One of the Following is an Amphoteric Oxide?