SSC JE Paper 2 Exam Pattern
Paper 2 is a descriptive type paper (written Examination) of 300 marks and the total time duration given is 2 hours. SSC JE is conducted only for 3 branches-Mechanical/Civil/Electrical
SSC JE Civil
SSC JE Mechanical
SSC JE Electrical
Tips to Prepare for SSC JE Electrical Paper 2
SSC JE Paper 2 exam is not an easy exam, as you get to descriptive paper. Thus, you have to prepare yourself for the SSC JE Paper 2 exam in such a way that you leave no stone unturned to qualify for this paper. To prepare for the SSC JE tier 2 exam or descriptive paper you can do it in 2 ways, either you can do self-study or join coaching (online or offline).
In this article, we have explained to you some very important tips to prepare for the SSC JE electrical paper 2 exams.
Preparation Tips for SSC JE Paper 2 Electrical: Through Self Study
If you are preparing for the SSC Junior Engineer exam through self-study, then you should ensure that you have the best study material to study from. Having good study materials, and study notes are really important as you do not wish to waste your precious time studying a vast number of books, and notes that are not of good and reliable quality.
you should also make sure that you are well known with the syllabus, books, study plan, and previous year's papers. Let us discuss each of the tips for SSC JE tier 2 preparation below in this article.
Why is SSC JE Syllabus Important?
SSSC JE syllabus is important for analyzing the different topics under each subject that are needed to be focused on so that extra time is saved in learning unimportant topics. Make a list, segregate topics based on weightage and importance and use them while making study plans.
Which Books to follow for SSC JE Tier 2 Exam?
For SSC JE Paper 2, more importance is given to solving questions instead of reading the complete notes again. So, it is generally enough, if you cover 10-year Previous Years Papers and refer to B.Tech level books if you want to learn any weak topic thoroughly.
|SSC JE: Electrical Engineering - Topicwise Conventional Solved Papers||Made Easy Publications|
|SSC JE (CPWD/MES) Electrical Engineering for Junior Engineers Recruitment Examination (2018-19)||G.K. Publication|
|SSC JE - 2019 Electrical Engineering Previous Year Objective Detailed Solution Papers||Zone Tech Publications|
Good Study Plan for SSC JE Tier 2:
Make a study plan based on the weightage of topics prepared while reading the syllabus and timings can be decided based on your comfort and reading habits. Use small targets with proper breaks to avoid monotony but remember one thing, be consistent.
Practice SSC JE Electrical Tier 2 Previous Year Papers:
Previous year papers are always the best source to know the type of questions, level of difficulty, and other related information regarding the Exam. In the case of SSC JE Paper 2, if you have practiced 10 year's previous year's questions that is more than enough as it covers almost all types of questions and you will also get an idea about the Examiner's favorite topics that are repeated from time to time or have the most chances to come.
Note: Other than previous year's papers, you can also practice ESE previous year's conventional questions for covering more concepts and types of questions. This will definitely have additional advantages.
Take Daily Mock Tests for SSC JE Tier 2:
Once you are done with the practice, this is the time to check your performance by giving Mock Tests. Mock Tests will let you know your weak and strong points and encourage you to timely work on them. They provide a real environment and increase your stress-handling skills during exams.
Regular Revision for SSC Jr. Engg. Paper 2:
Revise concepts based on daily Mock Test results and other important frequently asked questions. Create short notes and prepare a formula sheet of all the important formulae from a numerical point of view. Read famous theoretical concepts, laboratory and field test procedures, various design steps, etc.
Preparation for SSC JE Paper 2 Electrical: Enroll in Coaching
If you decide to prepare by joining any coaching institute they will plan everything for you. These can be summarized as follows:
- First, they introduce the mode of the exam, syllabus, and exam pattern of SSC JE Paper 2.
- They plan classes based on the weightage of the subjects in SSC JE Paper 2. The most important subjects are covered first and vice versa.
- Since the syllabus is already covered in SSC JE Paper 1, the main focus they give is to practice various important Questions subject-wise based on the classes planned. They make notes of all the important questions that are repeated or most expected questions to come this year based on Expert’s analysis and research from the previous year's papers. So, if you are considering preparation through coaching, it is always advisable to join in both stages, Paper 1 and Paper 2 because these courses are designed in continuation.
- Daily assignments are given to practice at home. All the books and study material is provided by the Institute which saves time and energy.
- After all the subjects are completed, Mock Tests Series are planned topic-wise, subject-wise, and finally Full Syllabus to improve accuracy, efficiency, writing speed, and time management.
- Revision classes are there to refresh all the concepts in students' minds.
- Short notes, important formula sheets, etc. are provided for quick revision in the last 15 days.
Important Points to Note for SSC JE Electrical Paper 2 Exam Preparation
- To begin with, practice all the previous year's SSC JE Main answers and after that ESE mains previous year questions.
- The above two sources are enough as it covers most of the important topics.
- Note down the topics being repeated. As in this paper, most of the concepts are being repetitively asked.
- Enhance your Answer writing practice as time is less and you have to attempt all the questions.
- While writing answers, try to be specific, to the point. Don’t write extra things as it will only waste your time.
- Try to write theoretical answers in points as these are easy to read and clearly convey your answer to the examiner as compared to paragraph form.
- In Numerical questions, write solutions step-wise for example: First write the concept used, define the related formula and definitions and then under calculation, mention given, to find the information in question and then finally write a detailed solution. This will create an extra impact on the examiner.