ISP Full Form - Overview
The ISP full form is Internet Service Provider, sometimes called Independent Service Provider, which distinguishes between the service provider and that of a telephone company. ISP also provides different internet connection types such as fiber, cable, etc.
Customers must pay a modest cost to the internet service provider for their services, which varies depending on the quantity of data they actually use or the data plan they select. An Internet Service Provider, also known as an Internet Access Provider or an online service provider, is a company that provides access to the internet. If you wish to connect to the internet, you'll need an Internet Service Provider.
ISP Full Form in Computer
The ISP full form is Internet Service Provider. ISPs are connected to one or more high-speed internet communication channels. The larger ISP’s own high-speed leased lines, make them independent. This larger Internet Service Provider gives better services to their customers. ISPs keep a track of thousands of servers in data centers, which in turn manage all the customer traffic. ISP’s are grouped into the following three tiers.
- Tier 1 ISP: They have a global reach and own a very large network to feed its users. It also sells networks to tier 2 ISPs.
- Tier 2 ISP: They have national reach only and act as a bridge between tier 1 ISP and tier 2 ISP.
- Tier 3 ISP: They connect users to the internet directly and focus on providing internet access to small businesses and markets.
ISP Full Form in Hindi
आईएसपी का फुल फॉर्म (ISP Full Form) इंटरनेट सर्विस प्रोवाइडर होता है, यानी ऐसी कंपनी जो ग्राहकों या यूजर्स को इंटरनेट सर्विस देती है, आईएसपी कहलाती है। आईएसपी, अपने ग्राहकों को इंटरनेट सेवाएं प्रदान करने के साथ-साथ कुछ अन्य सेवाएं भी प्रदान करता है जैसे ईमेल पता, वेब स्पेस इत्यादि।
Features and Functionalities of ISP
Discussing the ISP full form, its meaning, and working style now we will discuss all services it provides to the user. There are ample features provided by ISP out of which we will discuss some major usages and functionalities. Following are the services:
- Fiber: It uses fiber optics to transmit data which is much faster than the cable or DSL(Digital Subscriber Line). Fiber has 250 to 1000 Mbps download and upload speed.
- Cable: It uses coaxial cable which has low latency. It has a download speed of 10 to 500 Mbps and an upload speed of 5 to 50 Mbps.
- Satellite: It works through the communication of satellites. It makes use of radio waves. It has a download speed of 12 to 100Mbps and an upload speed of up to 3 Mbps.
How to Choose an ISP?
There are different types of Internet Service Providers (ISP Full Form) such as DSL, Wi-Fi broadband, mobile broadband, fibre optic broadband, and cable broadband. One can choose its own ISP based on various factors, these factors are discussed below.
- Costing: To save money, one can choose a low costing ISP that fulfills its need.
- Area Coverage: One can choose an ISP based on the requirements of the area coverage.
- Services offered: One can choose according to the services one needs like web hosting, online security, Wi-Fi services, free emailing, etc.
Important GATE Topics
|Moment Of Inertia||Thevenin's Theorem|
|Shear Stress||Speed Control Of Induction Motor|
|Principal Stress||Feedback Amplifier|
|Solid Mechanics||Power Amplifier|
|Elastic Material||LC Oscillator|