Globsyn Business School - MBA College
Globsyn Business School Kolkata in keeping with its reputation quite exceeds expectations in terms of its infrastructure, ranking, and the facilities offered by the institute. The college’s alumni association includes over 3000 alumni as well. Of the 3000 business schools registered in India, Globsyn Business School features in the top 60. It is also ranked no. 6 in the East as per MBA Universe Ranking 2020 with the likes of IIM Calcutta, XLRI Jamshedpur, and IIM Sambalpur.
Moreover, international business giants such as Amazon, Nestle India, PwC and Parle, and other major conglomerates (about 80 or more) have been steadily involved in the recruitment and placement process of Globsyn Business School. As a result, about 300 recruiters are in the habit of visiting the business school campus regularly. Note the table below to get all the detailed glimpse of all the requirements instituted by this business school. Get details for XAT Eligibility including educational qualification, age limit, and work experience.
Year of establishment
Commonly known as
Globsyn Business School Location
2 courses across 1 stream
Approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
Courses offered by Globsyn Business School
Entrance Exam accepted
Mode of Registration
Globsyn Business School Fees Structure
PGDM - ₹7.95 Lakhs (Total Fees)
MBA + PG Program - ₹7.95 Lakhs (Total Fees)
Certification - ₹14,000 (Total Fees)
Decided on the basis of merit + Entrance Test
Globsyn Business School Packages
100% placement since inception
Highest Package: INR 16.70 LPA
Globsyn Business School Cut Off
CMAT: 75th percentile
CAT: 70th percentile
XAT: 50th percentile
The candidates who are thinking of applying to Globsyn Business School to study MBA/PGDM courses must note the below details also.
- It ranked among the top 60 business schools in India.
- According to the MBA Universe Ranking 2020, Globsyn Business School has ranked in the top 6 (in the East).
- As per Business India’s Best B-schools Survey 2019, GBS Kolkata ranked among the Top 5 B-schools in Eastern India.
Globsyn Business School Placement
GBS Kolkata has successfully nurtured relations with more than 400+ corporates, who have not only recruited its students for summer internship projects and final placement in the past. It also has been a very important part of the management curriculum through the ‘corporate connect’ sessions.
- The average Globsyn Business School Package is 6.50 LPA
- 100% Placement for the participating batch of 180 students
- Total offers & recruiters: 80 recruiters made 912 offers to 180 students.
- Globsyn Business School final placements 2020 - 16.70 LPA (highest package)
- Top Recruiters: Amazon, ITC, HDFC, NESTLE, Dabur, HSBC, KPMG, Vodafone, TATA
- GBS Kolkata summer placements 2020 - 8 to 10-week long opportunity.
Listed below are the placement highlights of Globsyn Business School in tabular format for the year 2020
Globsyn Business School Package (Highest)
GBS Kolkata Package (Second Highest)
Top 10 Average CTC
Top 25 Average CTC
Top 50 Average CTC
Top 100 Average CTC
☛ Related Links:
GBS Kolkata Placement Process
In 2020, Globsyn Business School Kolkata, once again, achieved a 100% success rate in its campus recruitment drive (CRD), with at least five recruitment opportunities offered to every student on average during the GBS Kolkata final placement process. Names of the leading national and international corporates that were part of the Globsyn Business School placement process in the year 2020 included Amazon, RBI, Parle, Amul, Nestle India, and others.
The students and 3000+ alumni of GBS Kolkata have earned rich accolades for their achievements and a large number of them are star performers within their organizations. Note all the details for CAT Registration, including fees, process, dates, and documents to be submitted.
Placement Trends Globsyn Business School
GBS Kolkata placement trends have been very encouraging with the number of brands approaching the campus being 44% higher in 2015 than the previous academic year. Apart from regular recruiters, the year 2015 also saw new brands on-campus offering attractive profiles and packages to the graduating batch. A total of 141 offers were made on-campus placement at Globsyn Business School by top recruiters like Glaxo Smithkline, PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC India), KPMG, Vodafone, Asian Paints, ICRA, Manpower Group, HCL, TATA Teleservices, Berger Paints.
- PGDM at GBS Kolkata had the highest placement percentage of 88% for the last year academic year
- In the academic year 2020, PGDM saw a 20% increase in placements compared to the Globsyn Business School placement previous year’s trend.
Top Recruiting Companies at GBS Kolkata
Through unrelenting efforts at the macro and micro levels, the CRP (Corporate Relationship Programme) team has been successful in providing meaningful, lucrative, career-defining jobs to 3000+ Globsyn Business School students over the years which have come about through the 400+ relationships built with corporate entities who continue to find merit in hiring GBS Kolkata students.
The college provides 100% placements. Here’s a look at some of the Globsyn Business School Kolkata recruiters who have conducted drives on campus.
GBS Kolkata: Top Recruiting Companies
PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC India)
Dabur India Ltd.
Johnson & Johnson
Globsyn Business School: Sector-Wise Placements
The academic year GBS Kolkata was concluded with the maximum chunk of 357 job offers extended from the financial services sector, followed by consulting, education, and FMCG at 229, 99, and 84, respectively. Other miscellaneous sectors included IT/ ITES, manufacturing/ paints, e-commerce, media, and hospitality among others.
Here’s a list that explains the sector-wise opportunities offered to students of last year's batch at Globsyn Business School. Download past years' CMAT Question Paper and practice a lot to improve accuracy.
No. of Offers Accepted
Food and Beverages
GBS Kolkata: Top Alumni Recruiters
The students and 3000+ alumni of Globsyn Business School have earned rich accolades for their achievements and a large number of them are star performers within their organizations. Key highlights of placement at GBS Kolkata are:
Here’s a look at the alumni distribution by company. Which is essentially the top recruiters with maximum offers in Globsyn Business School.
GBS Kolkata: Top Recruiters
Johnson & Johnson
SBI Life Insurance
Fee Structure at Globsyn Business School
Conceptualized as India’s first ‘Corporate B-School’, GBS has an industry-relevant curriculum that is consistently updated as per Global Standards. It has a 100% placement record for its batches and was conferred Education Excellence Award for ‘Best B-School in Placements’ at EduMeet 2018.
- Globsyn Business School PGDM fee structure is 7.95 Lakhs in total (for the full duration of the program).
- The GBS Kolkata PGPM-IB + MBA fees for the year 2021 - 2023 are 7.95 Lakhs (total fees).
- GBS has a Professional MBA ODL (Online Distance Learning) course.
- Globsyn Business School also offers a gamut of Executive Education programs through various online and blended models. These programs have been developed for working executives who would be the catalyst for growth in new millennium organizations.
GBS offers industry-relevant PGDM programs. Listed below are all the details with regards to Globsyn Business School fees structure, seat intake, loan facilities and fees charged for food and hostel facilities. Get all the details for CAT Question Paper.
GBS Kolkata Courses
Globsyn Business School Fees (Rs.in lakhs)
2 years of full-time AICTE-approved PGDM
2 years full-time PGPM-IB + MBA
GBS Kolkata Loan Facilities
Globsyn Business School offers AICTE approved 2 years of full-time PGDM and PGDM IB+MBA with Global Management education experience at a moderate fee. Additionally, GBS Kolkata provides support and opportunities to students in their pursuit of various post-graduate programs. As a part of this initiative, Globsyn Business School has partnered with the following three banks to provide seamless education facilities for meritorious enthusiasts and help them excel in their educational endeavors.
- State Bank of India
- Axis Bank
- ICICI Bank
Globsyn Business School also offers various scholarships to the Post Graduate Management Programmes students.
☛ Also Check: CAT Cut Off
Scholarships Offered by GBS Kolkata
There are five different kinds of scholarship schemes to help students self-fund their education at Globsyn Business School.
- Kalyani Scholarships: Kalyani Scholarship is offered to students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. The academic criteria are as follows:
- Class 10 ≥ 75%
- Class 12 ≥ 75%
- Graduation ≥ 60%
- CAT ≥ 80 Percentile
- MAT ≥ 80 Percentile
- IELTS Score ≥ 6
- Outstanding Achievements (With Documents)
- Merit Scholarship: As reviewed by the faculty council over the 4 Semesters. The students must have an academic CGPA in Globsyn Business School that is an average of 6.5. Candidates must partake in institutional activities, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Sports Scholarship: Students achieving recognition or excellence from prominent bodies/ associations at the state or national level in any outdoor or indoor event are eligible for this scholarship facility at Globsyn Business School.
- Arts Scholarship: Students achieving recognition or excellence from prominent bodies/ associations at the regional or national level in any areas such as debate, quiz, dance, drama, etc., will be eligible for the art scholarship.
- Economic Scholarship: Extremely meritorious students whose parents' or guardians' income falls below the minimum tax-free slab as per the Income Tax Act will be eligible for the economic scholarship at GBS Kolkata.
Globsyn Business School Cut Off
The candidates who are interested in joining the GBS Kolkata to study MBA must note the details related to admission cutoffs.
- CMAT: Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management - 75th percentile
- CAT: Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management - 70th percentile
- XAT: Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management - 50th percentile
Globsyn Business School: Courses-Wise Eligibility
GBS Kolkata course eligibility requirements for PGDM, Integrated PGPM-IB, and MBA program is a Bachelor’s degree. Candidates can secure admission to the PGDM program based on their scoring in the CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA exams.
In terms of final selection, a candidate's performance in the personal interview round is taken into consideration by the administration of Globsyn Business School. Out of the 100% in total, 45% weightage is allotted to the personal interview round. However, the institute also takes into account other factors for final selection. Securing admission in Integrated PGPM-IB and MBA requires a valid score in CAT/XAT/MAT/JEMAT.
Here’s a look at the Globsyn Business School course-wise eligibility criteria in detail:
Bachelor’s (50% in Aggregate)
PGPM-IB + MBA
When it comes to the break-up of aggregates, Globsyn Business School Kolkata follows the criteria mentioned below for the PGDM and the PGPM-IB + MBA courses:
Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Score in CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ ATMA
Past academic performance (Class 10, Class 12, UG, and PG)
Extra-curricular, academic diversity, gender diversity, etc.
Online Courses at GBS Kolkata
Globsyn Business School Online also known as GBS Online is an international platform that encourages digital learning via highly interactive post-graduate courses that touches a variety of vital management business concepts. The online courses are powered by Globsyn Business School itself. Get all the details for MAT Eligibility.
The vision of GBS Online is to connect students from across the globe to an educational platform that is, corporate-savvy and research-driven.
The courses available on the Globsyn Business School Online platform are designed by the business school's capable and experienced faculty. The intent of this venture is the creation of a community filled with like-minded learners from across the globe. Through GBS online, learners are encouraged to gain access to online learning resources, that would grow their education & careers, while also ensuring that they complete their coursework at a pace set by them.
Globsyn Business School free online courses for working professionals are listed below:
How to Learn Online
Basic Spanish Language Course
Financial Markets & Investments
How to Teach Online
Basic German Language Course
Performance Management & Competency Mapping
Basic French Language Course
Product & Brand Management
Consignment Booking Assistant
Basic Russian Language Course
Tourism & Hospitality – Meet & Greet
Basic Italian Language Course
Business Correspondent & Business Facilitator
☛ Related Links
Admission Process at Globsyn Business School Kolkata
The GBS institute in Kolkata provides postgraduate programs like PGDM and PGPM-IB + MBA (its most popular courses). Globsyn Business School admission is available only online (on the institute’s website).
GBS Kolkata begins application in November and it lasts until June of the next academic year. If you’re an aspirant, consider applying for the courses available in the next academic year. The admission process at Globsyn Business School Kolkata is mentioned below.
- Students must be able to pass at least one entrance exam test such as the CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT/ ATMA/JEMAT.
- The candidate should have completed their 10 + 2 + 3 (irrespective of discipline from a university recognized by the AIU or UGC.
- Students must attempt and pass the Globsyn Aptitude Test (GAT) examination.
- Aside from the usual Globsyn Business School admission procedure of a regular walk-in, candidates aspiring to join MBA can access GBS Direct, an integrated platform that is specifically designed to enable students to have a seamless admission process into the institute. The candidates must check the latest CAT Exam Pattern to know the marking scheme, topics covered and section-wise weightage.
How to Fill out GBS Kolkata Application Form?
The submission of the application form and its due process in Globsyn Business School involves filling in the details of the application form online in order to apply for a course of the candidate’s choice. Here’s a step-by-step look at this application form process.
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official GBS Kolkata website (www. globsyn.edu.in), and then click on “Apply Now”.
- Step 2: Students should then begin the registration process for Globsyn Business School by adding details such as the candidate’s name, email ID, and other key details.
- Step 3: Candidates will then be asked to log in to their account using their email ID as well as their password.
- Step 4: Students must complete filling in the rest of the details required for the application to be considered complete.
- Step 5: Finally, candidates have to pay the application fee (INR 1000) either with their debit card, credit card, or via the net-banking options.
Infrastructural Facilities at Globsyn Business School
GBS Kolkata has several facilities necessary for students to excel in all areas of their college life. The infrastructure of Globsyn Business School has much to recommend itself as well.
Here’s a detailed look at all the amenities accessible to students:
- A sports complex - Available facilities include a badminton court, a cricket ground, a volleyball court, a table tennis room, a billiards table, and a playground.
- A laboratory - A computer lab and a language laboratory.
- Other facilities include hospital/medical facilities, wifi on campus grounds, shuttle service, an auditorium, and a gym.
The Globsyn Business School has in-campus hostel facilities for both female as well as male students. The amenities are such that both the boy’s hostel and the girl’s hostel have separate yet identical facilities. The amenities are as follows.
The hostel provides twin sharing rooms with all basic amenities. Situated inside the business school campus, the hostel gives a secure environment for the students. Hostel amenities include a bed with mattress, study table, storage, wi-fi, and an In-house cafeteria. The hostel has separate accommodation (two different buildings) for boys and girls.
- Food: (P/A) Starting at Rs. 36,000 (approx)
- Hostel Fees: Starting from Rs. 27,600 (approx.)
Globsyn Business School: Faculty & Alumni
GBS Kolkata faculty members are experts in their respective fields of study. The institute is reputed for its strong alumni network.
Some prominent faculty members of IMS Noida are:
- Prof. R. C. Bhattacharya - Vice Chairman
- Prof. Dr Raja R Choudhury - Marketing
- Prof. G. Suman - Marketing And HRM
- Prof. Ananth Iyer - Finance
- Prof. Maninee Dhole - Operations
- Prof. M. Guruprasad - Economics And Banking
- Prof. K. V. Ramakrishnan - Financial Markets
- Prof. Dr Manjeet Anand - Associate Professor
- Prof. Amitabha Sinha - Data Analytics
- Prof. K. V. Ramakrishnan - Financial Markets