First Woman President of India
Pratibha Patil was sworn to be the first female president of India and the 12th President on 25 July 2002.
- Pratibha Devisingh Patil was also the Governor of Rajasthan from 2004-2007.
- She was the UPA Nomination for India's President.
- She is an Indian politician and lawyer who served as the 12th President of India from 2007 to 2012.
- She became the first woman President of India.
- She is a member of the Indian National Congress
- Pratibha Patil was a Lok Sabha member from 1991 to 1996.
- In 1962, she was elected to the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly for the Jalgaon constituency at the age of 27.
- After that, she won the Muktainagar (formerly Adalabad) constituency on four consecutive occasions between 1967 and 1985.
- She was elected as a member of Parliament representing the Amravati constituency in 1991.