Sources of Income of Zila Parishad
- Income from taxes collected by Zila Parishad, license fees, and market fees
- The share of the Zila Parishad is given from the land revenue collected
- Income from various Zila Parishad properties
- Grants from State and Central Governments
- Funds are allocated by the state for development activities.
Functions of the Zila Parishad
- It advises the State Government on the matters related to the Panchayat Samitis and Gram Panchayats under its supervision and the requirements of the rural population living therein.
- It oversees the functioning of panchayats. It examines the estimates of the budget of the panchayat Samiti in some states like Bihar, Assam, and Punjab.
- It functions through different standing committees coordinating the common programs of the villages under its jurisdiction.
What are the sources of income of Zila Parishad?
The sources of income of Zila Parishad are - income from market fees and license fees, taxes, income from properties, land revenue, and grants from the government. Zilla Parishad is called by many names in various states, such as District Development Council, Zilla Parishad, and Mohkuma Parishad.