First President of the Indian National Congress
- In pre-independence India, the Indian National Congress (INC), which was established in 1885, developed into one of the most potent and well-known political parties.
- The Indian National Congress's (INC) First Session began on December 28 and ran through December 31 in Bombay.
- There were 72 members present for the INC's inaugural meeting.
- Together with Dadabhai Naoroji and Dinshaw Wacha, former British civil official Allan Octavian Hume started it.
- Womesh Chandra Bonnerjee presided over the INC for the first time. On December 29, 1844, he was born in Calcutta (now Kolkata), in what is now the state of West Bengal.
- When the INC was founded, Lord Dufferin served as the Viceroy of India.
- The first Muslim President of the INC was Badruddin Tyabji.
- The first female president of INC was Annie Besant.
- The first Indian woman and INC president was Sarojini Naidu.
- The first English president of INC was George Yule.
First president of the Indian National Congress? (a) WC Bannerjee (b) Annie Beasant (c) Badruddin Tyabji (d) George Yule
WC Bannerjee served as the Indian National Congress's first president in INC on 28 December 1885. The first session of Indian National Congress was conducted in Bombay from 28 December 1885 to 31 December 1885.
Commentswrite a comment