Difference Between Cellpadding and Cellspacing
Cellpadding and cellspacing are two aspects used in tables. Cellspacing is the distance between two cells, whereas cellpadding is always the space inside the cell. To understand the concept better, let us check the difference between cellspacing and cellpadding listed in the table below.
Cellpadding VS Cellspacing
Cellpadding is the term used to describe the space between a table cell's border and its content.
The space between each individual adjacent cell is generally referred to as cellspacing.
It can be made using the HTML <table> tag, but doing so changes the type attribute to cellpadding.
It can be produced using the HTML <table> tag. However, that changes the type attribute to cellspacing.
It concerns just one cell.
It is exposed to several cells (more than one) at once.
Cellpadding is common and regarded as a useful tool.
Cellpadding performs better than Cellspacing.
Cellpadding's default value is 1.
Cellspacing has a default value of 2.
What is Cellpadding?
The space or distance inside the cell is defined by the cellpadding. If a cell has content, cell padding will be the space on each side top, left, right, and bottom of the cell. Cellpadding is an important element for formatting and creating beautiful table cells. By adding the property cellpadding="5px" to the table tag, you can modify the default value of cellpadding from zero to five pixels. What does a cell do? Cells are actually <td>/td>, while heads are <th>/th>, and the table row containing the cells is <tr>/tr>. Therefore, the cellpadding solely serves to create space within the cells.
- It is a successful method.
- The default setting for it is 1.
- Cellpadding can be produced by utilising the HTML <table> tag.
- It only links to individual (single) cells.
What is Cellspacing?
Another significant parameter for the HTML table tag is cellpspacing. As cellpadding makes the cells' interiors more spacious. In contrast, cellspacing leaves space between the cells. When two cells are in a row, the table's cellspacing is set to 5 pixels. Given that both cells have a 5 px top, right, bottom, and left spacing, there will be a 10 px distance between the two cells. Spacing always helps make the text easier to read and attention-grabbing.
- It links up with several cells, not just one.
- You can adjust the distances between different cells using Cellspacing.
- Comparatively speaking, it is less efficient than cell padding.
- In this situation, the default spacing value is set to 2.
- Using the HTML <table> tag, Cellspacing may be readily created.
Key Difference Between Cellpadding and Cellspacing
Cellpadding and cellspacing are the important parameters used in table formatting that can really set the whitespaces in your table cells. Let us check the key difference between cellpadding and cellspacing.
- The whitespaces in a cell that run along the text and the cell edge are referred to as cellpadding. Cellspacing, on the other hand, denotes the empty space between the various cells. Both are wholly distinct.
- Cellspacing refers to the distance between cells, whereas cellpadding refers to the space inside a cell (i.e. more than one cell).
|Other Important GATE Topics|
|Difference between algorithm and flowchart||Difference between JDK and JRE|
|Difference between C++ and Python||Difference between linker and loader|