General Tips for CMAT Preparation
First of all, the candidates should be well versed with the syllabus and exam pattern to get better clarity of the topics covered in the exam. There is a long list of topics, and the aspirants need to cover them all to get a good CMAT score. The common Management Admission Test CMAT has 5 sections. Check the latest updates on CMAT Official Notification.
- Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Language Comprehension
- General Awareness
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
Number of Questions
Maximum Marks Allotted to the Sections
Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
☛ Know the Tips to Reduce Negative Marking in CAT
Topics to be Covered while CMAT Exam Preparation 2023
The candidates must be well-versed in all the important topics while doing the CMAT Preparation. It is very important to know the topics so that you can answer CMAT Question Paper quickly and accurately. Below is a list of topics you must cover during CMAT 2023 Preparation. Stay updated with the CMAT Syllabus.
CMAT Exam Sections
Important Topics To be Covered
Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
Time and Work
Ratio and Proportion
Average, Profit, Loss, and Discount
Geometry and Mensuration
Arithmetic and Algebra
Charts and Graphs
Below are the topics that you need to cover for CMAT Exam Preparation:
Cause and Effects
Statement and Arguments
Coding and Decoding
Assumptions and Conclusion
Order and Ranking
Synonyms and Antonyms
The candidates must prepare the below topics for CMAT Preparation for this section:
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Check for below topics for CMAT 2023 Preparation:
Concepts of Innovation
Stages of Innovation
Entrepreneur -definitions, Types
Theories of Entrepreneurship
Role and Importance of Entrepreneurs
Types of Entrepreneurs
Role of the Government in promoting Entrepreneurship
Types of companies
Funding of startups
☛ Check CMAT Eligibility Criteria in detail before applying for the exam
Best Books for CMAT 2023 Preparation
The candidates should not be confused about choosing the right books for their CMAT Preparation. The candidates who have enrolled for the CMAT Online Classes can check the books available to them curated by BYJUS’ Exam Prep Experts. Below are some important Books that you can follow for CMAT Exam Preparation. Get the PDF list of CMAT Books per the expert’s recommendation.
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT: Arun Sharma
- High School English Grammar & Composition: Wren & Martin
- Objective General Knowledge: Lucent's
- General Knowledge: Disha Experts
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation Management: R. Gopal
- How to prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT: Arun Sharma
- Concepts of LR - Logical Reasoning for CAT & Other MBA Exams: Gajendra Kumar
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT: Arun Sharma
Important Do’s and Don'ts for CMAT Preparation
The candidates have to follow an effective study plan for CMAT Exam Preparation 2023. They should list out important dos and Don'ts to get a good CMAT Result. Note the below table to get an idea about important Dos and Don’ts for CMAT Preparation. Get expert Tips on How to Prepare Logical Reasoning for CAT?
Practice previous years’ CMAT Question Papers regularly to get an idea of the type of questions asked and the difficulty level of the question paper.
Do not study any irrelevant topic and stick only to the revised Syllabus for CMAT.
Practice sectional CMAT Mock Tests to analyze your performance and preparation level.
Avoid attempting questions that are very time-consuming and confusing as it involves CMAT Negative Marking.
Give online mock tests, analyze weak areas and work upon them.
Be calm while answering GA questions.
Stay focused and practice regularly while doing CMAT Preparation.
Never lose hope and never be tensed after seeing the complex questions in the Language Comprehension section of the CMAT Entrance Exam.
Section-Wise CMAT Preparation Tips
CMAT Syllabus is vast, and the aspirants need to cover all the topics to get a good score. So, they must follow an effective preparation plan for every section of the CMAT 2023. Stay updated with the CMAT Registration.
CMAT Tricks for Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
The candidates who want to appear for CMAT Exam 2023 must follow the following tips to prepare for the Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation section.
- They must practice the basic formulas of mathematics.
- They must follow shortcut tricks for calculation instead of step-by-step calculations. This will help them to save time.
- The candidates need to focus on their weak areas during CMAT Preparation.
- The candidates should keep on revising the mathematical formulas.
CMAT Exam Preparation for Logical Reasoning
The aspirants should solve different types of logical reasoning problems with different difficulty levels. Note the below CMAT Tricks to complete the Logical Reasoning section.
- They must solve realistic CMAT Test Papers to understand question types and difficulty levels.
- They must work on their accuracy to avoid negative marking in this section.
CMAT Preparation Tips for Language Comprehension
The aspirants must start CMAT Preparation for this section as early as possible because the questions are sometimes tricky and confusing.
- They should start reading newspapers, magazines, and online articles regularly to improve their vocabulary.
- They must have clarity in English grammar.
- Always try to read abstract comprehension to understand the paragraph's sentence breakdown and CMAT Important Topics.
CMAT Exam Preparation for General Awareness
It is one of the scoring sections, and the aspirants must follow the below-given CMAT Tricks for General Awareness to get an overall good score in the upcoming exam.
- The candidates should keep themselves updated with the recent news on different topics like business, social media, politics, finance, games, history, and games at the time of CMAT Exam Preparation. Go through CMAT Answer Key in detail.
- They should focus on daily current affairs as most of the questions are asked from current affairs under the GA section.
- The candidates should prepare for this section in advance. Last-minute CMAT Preparation will not help to score well in this section.
CMAT Preparation for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
BYJU’S Exam Prep experts have highlighted the following CMAT Tricks to help aspirants prepare for the Innovation and Entrepreneurship section of the CMAT.
- Questions are generally asked about Business affairs, New Investments, Budget & Economic surveys, Schemes, and Policies related to entrepreneurship, business promotion, important events, Startups, banking regulation and reforms, general economy, and current affairs. Therefore, a daily habit of reading newspapers is highly recommended.
- The aspirants must read different business magazines to get recent updates on business and the economy.
☛ Click here for CMAT Cut Off
Experts Tips and Strategy for CMAT Exam Preparation 2023
In order to Prepare for CMAT 2023, the candidates can follow the below-mentioned expert-recommended CMAT Tricks. It will help them to prepare well for the upcoming CMAT.
Make a Study Plan
This should be the first step in CMAT Preparation. Every CMAT Aspirant must plan in advance on How to Prepare for CMAT. Proper time should be allocated for each topic under the CMAT Syllabus.
The candidates should identify the areas in which they are weak and need to pay more attention. They must create an organized study schedule for every day during CMAT 2023 Preparation. This will help them to assess their daily and weekly targets.
Solve CMAT Previous Years Question Paper
The candidates can practice previous years’ CMAT Question Paper to get an idea about the type of questions asked in the exam. These tests will help the candidates to understand the question pattern and difficulty level. Besides, they will also better understand the subjects of the CMAT Exam that they need to complete to ace this exam in one chance.
Attempt CMAT Mock Tests
After completing the entire syllabus, the candidates can attempt BYJU’S Exam Prep CMAT Online Test Series. It will boost their confidence by giving them an exam-like experience. The aspirants can easily check their preparation level and analyze their performance at the time of CMAT Preparation. Get all the details for CMAT Admit Card.
Regular revision will help the candidates remember the important facts, formulas, topics, and figures they studied for CMAT 2023 Preparation. So, the accuracy and confidence in solving the questions will increase. Besides, regular revisions lower stress and anxiety by allowing the aspirants to study at their own pace. Check previous year’s CMAT Exam Analysis.
Make Notes on Diary
The candidates must note down every uncommon word with its meaning and usage in the sentences. It will help to memorize those words, which can be used to solve questions based on Language Comprehension in the CMAT. Maintaining a journal of vocabulary words will be quite beneficial. This writing habit is important to keep track of your vocabulary improvement.