Advocate General of Andhra Pradesh
- The Governor of each state shall appoint as attorney general a person qualified to be appointed a judge of the Supreme Court.
- He started his career in August 1992 in the office of CV Ramulu, who later became a judge.
- Sriram served as a Special Government Pleader from 2009 to 2011 during the YS Rajasekhara Reddy-led regime when he was Advocate General Sitaram Murthy.
- Sriram will replace outgoing Advocate General Dammalapati Srinivas, appointed in 2016 by the previous Chandra Babu-led Telugu Desam Party (TDP) regime.
- Different names appeared to be under consideration for the Public Prosecutor and Government Advocate, including I Koti Reddy.
- The Governor appoints the Solicitor General on the advice of the State Government. Soon after the new administration takes office on May 30, all these appointments will be made.
Who is the present Advocate General of Andhra Pradesh?
After being sworn in on May 30, the Chief Minister of AP YS, Jaganmohan Reddy, has chosen the names of attorneys to be appointed as significant law officers in his administration. S Sriram's name was approved for the position of Advocate General, but Ponnavolu Sudhakar Reddy's name was thought to have been chosen to fill the position moving forward.