Which is the Cheapest Mode of Transport?
India’s transportation is one of the huge sectors and carters the needs of 1.1 billion people. In 2007, India’s transport has contributed 5.5 percent to the GDP. Good physical connectivity in both urban and rural areas leads to economic growth
- Indian roads carry almost 85 percent of the passenger and generate 60 percent of their freight.
- In 2009, the Indian railway carried 19.8 million passengers and 2.4 million tonnes of freight in a day.
- Which is the Highest Peak in the Eastern Ghat?
- Who was the First Nobel Prize Winner in India?
- Who is the First Non-Indian to Receive the Bharat Ratna?
Commentswrite a comment