UPSC Konkani Literature Syllabus for IAS Mains
UPSC offers a selection of 48 subjects to choose from as your Optional subjects. The optional subject is divided into two papers- Paper I and Paper-II. The Konkani Literature Syllabus for UPSC has been divided into two parts accordingly. Each one is there to test your understanding and literary acumen of the language.
Each paper is 250 marks, making it 500 in total for the optional subject in the UPSC Mains. The answers are to be written in the Devanagari script. A higher score in this optional subject can guarantee higher chances of your selection.
UPSC Konkani Literature Syllabus
UPSC Konkani Optional Syllabus for Paper I
Section A- History Of Konkani Language
Grammar, origin and development, old and new standardisation, etc.
Section B- History of Konkani Literature
History, social and cultural background, Indian and western influences, etc.
Konkani Literature Syllabus for UPSC for Paper II
Section A- Prose
Section B- Poetry
UPSC Konkani Literature Syllabus PDF
UPSC Konkani optional syllabus PDF can be easily downloaded from the link given below. It is a wise exam strategy to carry the syllabus’ hard copy so as to get a better hang of what’s in it and what’s not.
Konkani Literature Syllabus for UPSC Mains Paper 1
Paper I for Konkani Literature tests your memory as you are required to thoroughly learn about the language and its history, grammar, etymology, new and old standardisation along with the history of its literature, its social and cultural background, literary movements, etc. Find the complete syllabus below:
UPSC Konkani Optional Syllabus Paper 2
Paper II focuses more on the critical acumen of the aspirants. Excelling in this paper means being thorough with the texts allotted. Find the IAS Konkani Literature Syllabus for this paper below:
Preparation Strategy for UPSC Konkani Literature Syllabus
Strategy is key when preparing for a competitive exam like UPSC. The syllabus is hefty and the preparation can take a toll on the aspirants. Your preparation UPSC Mains exam needs to be consistent and well-executed, like an exercise. Some tips to keep in mind as you power through this journey are:
- Time is your only friend.
- Plan your schedules out realistically.
- Choosing the right material is vital.
- UPSC Previous Year Question Papers are your cheat sheet.
- Make handwritten notes.
Best Books for Konkani Literature Syllabus for UPSC
There are multiple resources to refer to when it comes to covering Konkani Literature Syllabus for UPSC. To aid your journey, we have compiled a list of the best UPSC Konkani Literature Books for you to cover your IAS Konkani Literature Syllabus. Some are given below for your reference:
- Konkani Manasagangotri (excluding poetry) ed. by Prof. Olivinho Gomes.
- Old Konkani language and literature- The Portuguese Role
- Otmo Denvcharak- a novel by A. V. da Cruz
- Vadoll ani Varem- a novel by Antonio Pereira.
- Devache Kurpen- a novel by V.J.P. Saldanha
- Konkani Lalit Niband-Essays-ed. by Shyam Verenkar
- Teen Dasakam- An anthology- ed. by Chandrakant Keni
- Demand-Drama- by Pundalik Naik.
- Kadambini: A Miscellany of Modern Prose- ed. by Prof. O.J.F. Gomes and
- Smt. P.S. Tadkodkar.
- Ratha Tujeo Ghudieo by Smt. Jayanti Naik
Other Optional Literature Subjects for UPSC Mains Exam