Where Should Consumers go to get Justice?

By BYJU'S Exam Prep

Updated on: November 9th, 2023

Consumers should go to the Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission to get justice. Under COPRA, a three-tier quasi-judicial system was established at the district, state, and national levels. Consumer forums or consumer protection councils guide consumers on how to file cases with consumer dispute redressal commissions.

Consumer Protection: Ways To Get Justice

Consumers have the complete right to demand justice in case of any exploitation. Any kind of unfair practices on a commercial level which is harmful to the consumers can be questioned. India is witness to the creation of many forums as a result of consumer protests. The details on how a consumer can get justice have been elaborated below:

  • The district-level authority is called the District Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission which deals with cases involving claims up to Rs 1 crore.
  • Similarly, the authority at the state level is called the State Commission and it deals with cases involving claims of Rs 1 crore to Rs 10 crore.
  • National level authority known as National Commission – deals with cases involving claims of more than Rs 10 crore.
  • If the consumer’s case is rejected at the district level, he can appeal to the state-level commission and then to the national-level commission.

Related Questions:

Our Apps Playstore
SSC and Bank
Other Exams
GradeStack Learning Pvt. Ltd.Windsor IT Park, Tower - A, 2nd Floor, Sector 125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201303
Home Practice Test Series Premium