SBI Clerk Notification 2022: Exam Highlights
Let's go through some of the important highlights of SBI Clerk notification 2022 such as the name of the position, number of vacancies, exam fee, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, selection process, etc.
State Bank of India (SBI)
Mode of Exam
Number of Vacancies
Frequency of the exam
Once a year
Notification release date
|6th September 2022|
Total no. of questions
SBI Clerk Exam Date 2022 and Important Events
Exam dates for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022 have yet to be announced. The dates for the SBI Clerk Exam will be disclosed shortly after the SBI issues an official notification for SBI Clerk 2022.
|SBI Clerk Online Registration||7th-27th September 2022|
|SBI Clerk Prelims Admit Card||October (Tentative)|
|SBI Clerk Prelims Exam||November Tentative|
|SBI Clerk Prelims Results||November Tentative|
|SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card||December Tentative|
|SBI Clerk Mains Exam||To be announced|
|SBI Clerk Final Results||To be announced|
Download SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022 Notification PDF
You can download the SBI Clerk notification 2022 PDFs from the below table. After downloading you should go through all the crucial details from a selection point of view.
SBI Clerk Vacancy 2022
The number of positions for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022 is announced. The vacancies has been announced on 6th September 2022. The SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022 has released 5008 vacant seats for the eligible candidates.
|Year||SBI Clerk Vacancies|
SBI Clerk Age Limit
The minimum age for a candidate to apply for the SBI examination is 20 years old but not more than 28 years old. Besides this, there is age relaxation relevant to category-wise candidates as per the government rules. Besides this, there is age relaxation for the reserved categories as per the government norms which is provided in the table below-
Maximum Age Limit
Other backward classes (OBC)
Person with disabilities (General)
A person with disabilities (SC /ST)
A person with disabilities (OBC)
Jammu & Kashmir Domicile
The actual period of service rendered in defense services for more than 3 years, (8 years for Disabled Ex-servicemen belonging to SC/ST) is subject to a max. age of 50 years
Widows, Divorced women
SBI Clerk Educational Qualification
(a) Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by Central Government.
( b) Those who are in the final year/ semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally.
The SBI Clerk cut off date for education qualification will be revealed in the official notification.
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
SBI Clerk Prelims 2022 exam will be an Online Objective Test consisting of 100 marks and 3 sections, which are distributed as follows:
Name of Test
No. of Questions
SBI Clerk Mains Exam Pattern 2022
SBI Clerk Mains exam pattern consists of 190 questions of 2 hours 40 minutes and will also be conducted in an Online Objective Test.
Name of Test
No. of Questions
Duration (in Minutes)
Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
2 hours 40 minutes
SBI Clerk Final Selection
- Phase I i.e. SBI Clerk Prelims exam will be only qualifying in nature and the marks obtained in Phase I will not be considered for the Final Selection.
- Final selection will be made on the basis of the candidate’s performance in Phase II i.e mains examination.
- Final selection will be based on the main exam score and the candiate's performance in the Local Language test.
SBI Clerk Application Fees
The SBI Clerk application fee for the 2022 recruitment is as follows, with candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PWD/EXs categories being exempted from paying the application fee.
SC/ ST/ PWD
₹ 750/- (including intimation charge)
SBI Clerk Salary 2022
The SBI Clerk pay scale is Rs.17900-1000/3-20900-1230/3-24590-1490/4-30550-1730/7-42600-3270/1-45930-1990/1-47920. The starting basic pay is Rs.19900/- (Rs.17900/- plus two advance increments admissible to graduates)
The total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at Metro like Mumbai will be around Rs.31,000/- per month inclusive of D.A., other allowances at the current rate, and two additional increments for newly recruited graduate junior associates.
Steps to Apply Online for SBI Clerk 2022 Exam
- Visit the official website of the SBI - www.sbi.co.in
- Go to the "current openings".
- Click on the SBI Clerk recruitment 2022.
- After that, click on the link “Apply Online”.
- Now application form window will be displayed, fill it out carefully.
- Read all the instructions carefully before filling out the SBI Clerk application form.
- Upload a clear, scanned copy of the photograph along with your signature.
- Make the application fee payment through challan/SBI Net Banking/Credit/Debit Card.
- Once done, take the printout of the application form.
- Once the registration is successful, you will receive the confirmation by SMS or email.
If you are aiming to clear SBI Clerk 2022, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.