UPSC Odia Optional Syllabus Overview
As we have mentioned above the UPSC Odia Optional Syllabus includes two papers Paper-1 and Paper-2. Each paper carries 250 marks, which makes this optional paper a total of 500 marks. Fetching good marks in the optional paper is crucial as it contributes 500 marks in the UPSC Mains exam. Acing the optional paper would definitely increase the chances of qualifying and cracking the second stage of the UPSC Exam. So candidates need to keep the UPSC Odia Optional Syllabus in their mind and start their preparation as soon as possible.
Download UPSC Odia Literature Syllabus for IAS Mains 2022
We have provided the direct link to download the UPSC Odia syllabus below. Candidates can download the syllabus directly from the link, and take a printout of it so that they won’t miss out on important topics while preparing for this optional subject.
UPSC Odia Syllabus Optional Paper 1
UPSC Odia Optional Syllabus Paper 1 includes a history of the Odia language and the history of Odia literature. Candidates will get to know about the origin and development of the Odia language, historical backgrounds, ancient epics, modern trends in poetry, etc.
UPSC Odia Syllabus Optional Paper 2
Section-A of the UPSC Odia Optional Syllabus Paper-2 includes ancient and modern poetry, and Section-B deals with Drama, Novels, Short Story, and Essays. Candidates can check out the complete UPSC Odia syllabus for Paper-2.
UPSC Odia Optional Syllabus- Preparation Strategy
As per the recent UPSC trends, the success rate of the literature optional is higher than the other optional subjects. However, candidates must take a strategic approach, and find out how much effort is required to put to fetch a good score in the Odia optional subject. We have prepared an effective strategy to cover the UPSC Odia Optional Syllabus that will help you to ace this literature optional paper.
- Make sure you are completely familiar with the Odia syllabus for the IAS mains exam and don’t forget to keep the syllabus near while beginning your preparation.
- Choose the right books to cover the topics from Odia compulsory paper UPSC syllabus. The right books will ensure that you can make the most out of your time.
- Having a good study plan is essential for your success in the Odia optional. Make a schedule that will help you complete the UPSC Odia syllabus on time.
- Don’t forget to practice from UPSC Previous Year Question Paper. It would give you a clear picture of the most important topics from the Odia syllabus.
- Attempt mock tests to increase your accuracy and also time-management skills.