Agneepath Salary 2023: Per Month, Details, Agniveer Salary after 4 years

By BYJU'S Exam Prep

Updated on: September 11th, 2023

Agneepath Salary 2023 details related to monthly pay, allowances, and benefits after retirement is provided here. The recruitment process is taking place in June/July and invites applications from interested candidates between 17.5 – 23 years of age. The selected candidates will be called Agniveers and will be compensated monthly for their service in the armed forces. According to the Agneepath salary scheme, Agniveers will also receive certain monetary benefits post their retirement from service.

The Agneepath total salary will come in the form of a customized monthly package consisting of base pay and added applicable allowances. In the first year of service, employees will get a monthly salary of Rs. 30000/- which is subjected to a fixed annual increment in the subsequent years. Find more details about the Agniveer salary structure, allowances, benefits, and monthly pay below.

Agneepath Salary 2022

Agneepath salary 2022 includes monthly in-hand pay, allowances, and other added benefits for selected candidates. Here are some things to know about the Agneepath scheme salary:

  • The Agneepath salary per month for Agniveers will consist of base pay plus added emoluments.
  • The salary will increase per year for Agniveers.
  • The total service pay for Agniveers will include compensation through the Agniveer Package, which is a monthly salary package, and the Seva Nidhi package.
  • Under the Seva Nidhi Package, a part of the Agniveer Salary will go into a corpus fund, with an equal contribution by the GOI (Government of India) for the same.
  • The Agniveers will be given an amount of INR 10.04 lakhs plus accrued interest. This amount will be given to them upon discharge from service after a period of 4 years.

Agneepath Salary Per Month

The Agniveer salary per month is fixed at INR 30,000/- with some deductions and increments over the years. The in-hand salary would be Rs. 21000 in the first year which is 70% of the customized monthly package. The remaining 30% of the Agniveer monthly salary will be added to the Corpus Fund which will be released after 4 years of service. In the fourth year, the monthly salary of Agniveers would be increased to ₹40,000/- out of which ₹28,000/- will be the in-hand salary.

Agneepath Salary Chart

According to the Agneepath salary structure, in addition to the monthly pay, the Agniveers will get a corpus fund amount upon their discharge from the service. To help you understand the salary structure better, we have created a Agneepath salary chart below:

Agneepath Salary Chart






Customized Monthly Package





In-Hand Monthly Salary (70%)





Personnel’s Contribution to Corpus Fund (30%)





GOI’s Contribution to Corpus Fund 





The total corpus amount collected after a period of 4 years of service would be 10.04 lakhs, which would be handed over to the Agniveers along with accrued interest. 

Agneepath Salary Scheme 2022

The Agniveers will receive their monthly remuneration under the ‘Agniveer Salary Package’. Besides their monthly pay, they will also receive a corpus amount under the Seva Nidhi Package after their discharge from the service. For detailed information about the Agneepath salary package details, refer to the information given below.

Agniveer Salary Scheme

As demonstrated in the table above, the Agniveer salary scheme compensates the Agniveers with a monthly salary, 70% of which they receive in hand. The other 30% goes into the Seva Nidhi Package. The monthly in-hand salary increases year after year for Agniveers. Here is the breakdown of the yearly increment in Agniveer salary:

  • 1st Year – ₹30,000/-
  • 2nd Year – ₹33,000/-
  • 3rd Year – ₹36,500/-
  • 4th Year – ₹40,000/-

Agniveer Salary Seva Nidhi Package

Under the Seva Nidhi Package, a corpus amount will be transferred to the Agniveer at the end of their service period. After four years of service, the accumulated corpus fund would be 10.04 lakhs. This amount will be accumulated after an equal contribution of the employee and the government. The total amount to be transferred will also include an accrued interest over the corpus fund. Here are some more things you should know about the Agniveer Seva Nidhi Package – 

  • If the Agniveers exit the service before their 4-year period, the accumulated corpus amount will be duly paid with interest. However, the government’s contribution to the package will not be considered in such a case.
  • The amount received as “Seva Nidhi” will be exempted from Income Tax.

Agneepath Salary 2022 – Allowances, Perks, Allied Benefits

In the Agneepath Scheme 2022, there are only limited provisions to be provided to the Agniveers as additional allowances. However, there are many perks and allied benefits that they will receive upon joining the service along with their monthly Agneepath salary. Find more details about the same below:

Agneepath Salary 2022 – Additional Allowances & Benefits



Life Insurance Cover

A non-contributory insurance cover of ₹48 lakhs will be provided to the Agniveers. 

Dearness Allowance

Not eligible.

Ration Allowance

Agniveers will be provided with Ration Allowance, as and when required. 

Travel Allowance

Agniveers will be provided with Travel Allowance, as and when required. 

Dress Allowance

Agniveers will be provided with Dress Allowance, as and when required. 

Risk & Hardship Allowance

Agniveers will be provided with Risk & Hardship Allowance, as and when required. 

Military Service Pay

Not eligible.


Not eligible.


Not eligible.

Agneepath Salary After 4 Years

Agniveers will receive certain benefits after retirement from their 4-year service. Check out the list of these benefits below as a part of the Agneepath salary scheme:

  • They will receive a corpus amount of ₹10.04 lakhs under the Seva Nidhi Scheme.
  • They will be awarded an Agniveer Skill Certificate, highlighting their competency and acquired skills.
  • The Union Ministry of Education will be introducing a three-year technical course for Agniveers.
  • 10% of service in the Indian Coast Guard and Ministry of Defence will be reserved for Agniveers.
  • Agniveers will get priority in State Police recruitment.

Also Check:

Our Apps Playstore
SSC and Bank
Other Exams
GradeStack Learning Pvt. Ltd.Windsor IT Park, Tower - A, 2nd Floor, Sector 125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201303
Home Practice Test Series Premium