The cadets also get around ten types of NDA Uniforms that they wear in accordance with that the events at the academy. Despite that, the cadets have to put on nightclothes & other such necessities provided by the NDA only. Here we are providing a list of the NDA dress and uniforms that are worn by the cadets.
List of NDA Dress Worn by Cadets
NDA Uniforms support a military organization's efforts to foster camaraderie, solidarity, and pride. In other words, they promote teamwork.
- NDA Dress No 1/1A: This dress is used for ceremonial functions in winter, also known as Blue Patrol
- Dress No 2/2A: This dress is used for ceremonial functions in summer also known as White Patrol
- Dress 2B Mess Semi-formal Dress: This dress is used for ceremonial mess functions in summer
- Dress No 3/4 Drill Order: This NDA dress is used for drill in summer (i.e. worn with jersey in winter) Dress No 4 Working dress: This dress is worn for academic classes in summer (i.e. worn with jersey in winter)
- NDA Dress No 5/5A Walking Out a Dress: This dress is worn after the retreat in summer and at dinners (i.e. worn with a jersey in winter)
- Dress No 6/6A Mufti Dress: This dress is worn for Habibullah functions, Liberty & Gole Market (i.e. worn with blazers in winter)
- Dress No 7/7A Combat Dress: This NDA dress is worn for field training (i.e. worn with a jersey in winter)
- NDA Dress No 8/8A Dress: This dress is worn for equitation training (i.e. worn with a jersey in winter)
- Dress No 9/9A Dress: This dress is worn for PT in summer (i.e. worn with a jersey in winter and known as Green Patrol)
- Ceremonial Games Dress: This dress is worn during ceremonial games occasions (i.e. worn with blazers in winter)
NDA Uniforms of Cadets in Brief
Numerous military insignia are worn on the NDA uniform, which stands for unique honor and military dignity. The following are short briefing on different types of NDA uniforms:
It includes a khaki shirt & shorts. This is sort of the daily working rig. It is worn during classes & other mundane activities. When coupled with drill shoes becomes the Drill Order.
It includes a white T-shirt and shorts. The PT rig will have a white vest rather than a T-shirt.
It includes breeches & riding shoes, with a white t-shirt on the top. Not a very pleasant rig to be in if the cadet and the horses have a mutually antagonistic relationship.
It includes the favourite rig of most cadets. One looks good in it, but it requires a lot of work to prepare & wear. Cadets lose their fingerprints polishing the buttons with that of Brasso to make them shine enough. The buttons are handed down by 6th term cadets when graduating; there are buttons that have been in circulation for generations & probably are more than twenty-five years old.
New buttons are quite difficult to shine to the required amount of lustre, the old ones on the other hand have been polished several times that the insignia won't have any detail left & would require only a sliver of Brasso to make them look similar to that of a golden mirror. It is worn on guest nights and the Passing Out Parade in the winter term.
It includes the white coloured, summer equivalent of the blue patrol. It does not look as good as the blue patrol. The difficulty level in preparing the dress remains the same.
It includes white shirt, grey trousers, a cummerbund & a side cap. It is worn on guest dinner nights in the summer.
It includes a khaki dress with a trouser instead of the shorts. It is worn during the study period & dinner on almost all days. It is also worn while one go on official visits to army establishments outside the NDA.
It includes blue shirts, grey trousers & the maroon NDA tie. The poor sods stand out in all crowd with their close-cropped hair & the Mufti rig.
Also, almost all NDA uniforms can be mixed & matched to create other rigs. For example:
- The riding rig can be coupled with a battle pack to create something called an RRCO (which is an unofficial rig and generally used for punishments),
- The Games Rig coupled with drill shoes and beret makes it the cool-sounding GRDO (that stands for a staid Games Rig Drill Order), which is probably the single most hated rig in the NDA as it is worn for 2 hours of unofficial drill practice in the afternoon straight away after lunch by the junior term cadets.
Maintenance of NDA Dress
Preparing all these NDA dresses & maintaining them is an enormous task. It takes a couple of terms to understand & learn how exactly one’s shoes need to be polished, how much one’s brass buttons need to shine in an NDA dress, the delicate procedure to shape one’s beret, how to iron one’s shorts & trousers to make the pleats look razor-sharp (and also how to do it without ironing), etc.
Every morning the first & second-term cadets are carefully dressed up by the third-term cadets and then they are lined up in front of the nearest fourth-term cadet’s room who inspects them & then takes them to the nearest fifth-term cadet & finally to the sixth-term appointment cadet. They will inspect the juniors with an electron microscope and if any error is discovered at any level, then everyone down the chain earns a punishment.
BYJU’S Exam Prep NDA Online Courses support your exam preparation from every aspect. The online course contains unlimited live classes taught by expert teachers, NDA Mock Tests, and revision notes.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App
Commentswrite a comment