Ralph H. Fowler developed and propagated the Zeroth zeroth and First Laws of Thermodynamics. Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics states that if A is in equilibrium with B, and B is in equilibrium with C, then A and C are in equilibrium with each other. Also, the First law of thermodynamics states that the energy that enters the system is equal to the energy that leaves the system. Studying all concepts that fall under the Zeroth and First Laws of Thermodynamics topics is essential for GATE ME exam aspirants as this is a high-scoring subject.
At BYJU'S Exam Prep, we offer all participants to access to the books that cover the concepts of Zeroth and First Law of Thermodynamics and help them prepare for GATE ME, JEE, ISRO/IES ME exams.
Important Topics for Zeroth and First Law of Thermodynamics for GATE ME
The process is said to exist in equilibrium if the forward and reverse processes occur simultaneously.
Thermal equilibrium Equilibrium
Two objects are said to be in thermal equilibrium if when there is no thermal energy flow when they are connected.
It is a system that can exchange matter and energy with the surrounding.
It is a system that can exchange energy but not matter with the surrounding.
An isolated system has zero interaction with the surrounding.
Tips to prepare Zeroth and First Law of Thermodynamics for GATE ME
- You must understand the Zeroth and the First Law of Thermodynamics GATE syllabus through examples taken from real life to make it interesting and increase retention for you.
- Understand how each mathematical formula has been derived 's derivation and take Zeroth and First Law of Thermodynamics online tests by BYJU'S Exam Prep to improve your speed.
- Solve Zeroth and First Law of Thermodynamics quiz from the book or course material referring to crack GATE exams. Refer to Engineering Thermodynamics by PK Nag which is called the Bible for Thermodynamics.
- Please go through the previous years' Zeroth and First Law of Thermodynamics GATE questions and solve them.
- If you are stuck when in solving any questions, you may refer to comprehensive take help by referring to some Zeroth and the First Law of Thermodynamics GATE notes.
Importance of Zeroth and First Law of Thermodynamics in GATE ME exam
- Zeroth and First Law of Thermodynamics MCQ questions make for 5-7 marks in the GATE ME exam.
- Giving higher priority to these topics will help you score better results and beat the tough competition that awaits you during admissions.
- Also, the questions asked from this topic are usually numerical based, so they are easier more comfortable to attempt.
- As these are more numerical-based questions, it requires less lesser time to solve, thus, allowing you more time to tackle for other problems.
Most Recommended books for Zeroth and First Law of Thermodynamics
Engineering of Thermodynamics
P K Nag
Thermodynamics An Engineering Approach
Yunus A. Cengel, Michael A. Boles
Power Plant Engineering
P K Nag
Why refer to Gradeup when preparing for prepare Zeroth and First Law of Thermodynamics from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep is the most sought-after education website that offers an online LIVE class that is fun to learn. It provides excellent quality Zeroth and First Laws of Thermodynamics study material for GATE ME exams.
- Zeroth and First Laws of Thermodynamics syllabus for GATE will be covered well in advance, before leaving ample time for practice.
- You can will appear for Zeroth and First Laws of Thermodynamics online quizzes that will help you grasp to strengthen your grab on the topic better.
- You will also be able to access Zeroth and First Laws of Thermodynamics MCQ pdf to continue to the practice even after class.
At BYJU'S Exam Prep, you will receive relevant guidance from our Subject Matter Experts. Also Additionally, the course at BYJU'S Exam Prep is student-centric focusing on the growth of every student.
Frequently asked questions for Zeroth and First Law of Thermodynamics
Q. How can I improve the speed of solving the questions in the GATE exam?
You should take the Zeroth and First Laws of Thermodynamics online quiz offered by BYJU'S Exam Prep multiple times to improve your speed offered by BYJU'S Exam Prep. Regular practice will help you achieve your set goals.
Q. Can I appear for the GATE exam even if I am a Computer Science student?
Zeroth and First Laws of Thermodynamics for computer science students will need more practice and an in-depth study of the relevant topics. You will need to have to spend some extra time studying the concepts.
Q. Is there any institute that can offer me a free online GATE preparatory program?
Few institutes offer free programs for GATE preparation, but they lack quality and thus results. You can join the course at BYJU'S Exam Prep as , though paid, it provides comprehensive Zeroth and First Laws of Thermodynamics notes (PDF) for GATE gate pdf that can be easily downloaded for reference.
Q. How much time is needed to crack the GATE ME exam?
You will need a minimum of 6 months to prepare for the GATE exams. You will also need to refer to Zeroth and First Laws of Thermodynamics gate questions and answers pdf provided by BYJU'S Exam Prep to ensure high scores and rankings. for high scores and rankings
Q. Is there any negative marking for numerical-type questions in the GATE exam?
No, there is are no negative marking markings for numerical-type questions. However, for MCQs, negative markings depend on the score of each question.