Stress refers to the force applied per unit area, whereas strain states the quantity of deformation faced by an object in initial directions. This topic is one of the most important topics in various competitive exams like GATE, ESE, JEE, SSC JE and, BARC, etc. Stress and Strain GATE questions can be solved easily if you take the online tests well. Due to high weightage and importance, it is quintessential to have detailed Stress and Strain notes for GATE ME. In this article, we will discuss various strategies that can amplify your preparation methodology and tricks to solve Stress and Strain GATE questions quickly and with ease.
Important Stress and Strain Topics for GATE ME
Due to the tedious Stress and Strain syllabus for GATE, it becomes necessary to prepare and study cardinal topics that ensure comprehensive preparation. Check out these Stress and Strain topics for GATE ME suggested by experts and toppers.
Types of Stress
It can get classified into two parts – Tensile Stress and Compressive Stress.
It alludes that any strain in the object is proportional to the applied stress that remains within that elastic limit.
Types of Strain
It can be divided into three types- Normal Strain, Shear Strain, and Volumetric Strain.
Tips to Solve Stress and Strain Questions for GATE
Follow these pro tips to score well and improve your accuracy for stress and strain questions in GATE.
- Practice the Stress and Strain quiz regularly as it will improve your paper solving speed and build confidence.
- Curate a timetable based on priorities and make sure that all the topics get covered. After each topic, appear for the Stress and Strain online test.
- Try to read and revise Stress and Strain GATE notes so that the concepts get instilled in your mind.
Importance of Stress and Strain in GATE exam
- Questions from this topic get asked every year. By concocting the concepts well, you can boost your overall score in the GATE ME exams.
- Knowledge of the stress and strain is crucial and allows you to compare different materials by anticipating their behavior that includes the stiffness, failure, and strength of the object.
- By solving Stress and Strain GATE questions and answers pdf, you can enhance your critical thinking and analytical skills.
- This topic is important not only from the perspective of exams but also in real life. It can be applied in various real-life situations.
Most Recommended Books for Stress and Strain for GATE
The best books can boost knowledge and reduce your stress. Studying from the right books at the right time can incur fruitful results. Check out the list of best books recommended by mentors. Every Stress and Strain book contains Stress and Strain for computer science notes, Stress and Strain MCQ questions, and high-quality Stress and Strain study material for GATE ME.
Elements of Strengths
Strength of Materials
A Textbook of Strength Of Materials
Why Prepare for Stress and Strain from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
Today BYJU'S Exam Prep is one of the biggest online examination preparation platforms for different exams like SSC, GATE, Banks, and Teaching exams. It has created a vast and diversified group of student and experienced coaches that sustain productive connections and address each other's problems adequately. All the Stress and Strain notes for GATE pdf get carefully planned and designed by taking into consideration the latest Stress and Strain GATE syllabus. Moreover, it orchestrates Stress and Strain online quizzes and provides Stress and Strain MCQ questions that can help you to score better in exams.
SolveStress and Strain MCQ pdf and previous years papers for good results.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What are the SI units for stress and strain?
The SI unit of stress is Newton per square meter in terms of Pascal.
1 Pascal = 1 Pa = 1 N.m-2
Since Strain is of dimensionless quantity, hence, there is no unit for strain
Q. What is the weightage of marks in stress and strain?
On average, it holds the weightage of 10 to 14 marks questions in GATE ME.
Q. How many types of strain are there?
There are three types of strain-
- Normal strain
- Shear strain
- Volumetric strain
Q. What is the difference between strain and stress?
Some of the major differences are as follows-
- Stress can happen without strain though strain doesn't happen without stress.
- Stress can get measured but strain doesn’t have units. Hence not measurable.
Q. Can I download Stress and Strain notes online?
Yes, you can download it online. Even BYJU'S Exam Prep offers detailed and comprehensive Stress and Strain notes for ME that guarantee success in the GATE ME exam.