Spring is an object that turns when load or force is applied but returns to its original shape when the pressure or the load is released. A shaft is a component that is used to transfer torque. Springs and Shafts are a vital topic for GATE and several other competitive examinations. So if you are preparing for GATE and are inquisitive about the Springs and Shafts syllabus for GATE, or the right Springs and Shafts books, you are at the right place.
Springs and Shafts GATE ME pdf by BYJU'S Exam Prep will help you to understand the topic without any difficulty. BYJU'S Exam Prep specializes in drafting Springs and Shafts MCQ pdf to prepare you for different competitive exams.
Important Springs and Shafts topics for GATE ME
It is made from a wire in the shape of a helix.
It is the axial spring length when the coils touch each other because of compression.
It is the axial spring length when maximum compression is put.
It is the maximum length that the helical compression spring will have under no load.
A stationary component that is used for rotation of elements like wheel, gears.
This type of shaft is an integral part of a motor or an engine and can be easily connected to another shaft.
This type of shaft is connected to a prime mover for transmitting power to other machines.
This type of shaft is connected to a prime mover with the help of a line shaft.
It is a type of connector that allows two members that are angled to move.
Tips to prepare for Springs and Shafts for GATE
- You should check the Springs and Shafts syllabus for GATE to understand the topics that need to be studied.
- Refer to the Springs and Shafts book to understand the topics with examples given.
- You would need to remember the few formulas given in Springs and Shafts GATE notes provided by BYJU'S Exam Prep.
- Also, solve previous year Springs and Shafts GATE questions to be well-versed with different numerical types usually asked in the exam.
Importance of Springs and Shafts GATE ME
- Springs and Shafts topics for GATE ME will have 5-7 mark questions asked in the exam, contributing to getting good results.
- Numerical-based questions are usually asked from this topic that will not negatively mark if the answer is incorrect.
- It would help if you took as many as Springs and Shafts online quizzes offered by BYJU'S Exam Prep to improve your time needed to solve each problem.
- Once you understand the pattern in which the questions are asked from this topic, you will get good marks.
Most Recommended books for Springs and Shafts
Mechanical Engineering Design
Richard Budynas & J Nisbett
Design of Machine Elements
K Ganesh Babu & K Srithar
Design of Machine Elements
V B Bhandari
Why prepare Springs and Shafts from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep is the best platform across India with the best team of GATE faculty, and more than 1.1 crores registered users. The Springs and Shafts notes for GATE ME are also prepared after a detailed study of the exam pattern. The Springs and Shafts GATE syllabus is covered before time so that students have sufficient time to practice. They also conduct Springs and Shafts quizzes, online test, mock tests.
Frequently asked questions
Q. How to prepare to get a maximum score in the GATE exam?
You should have a look at previous year Springs and Shafts GATE questions and answers pdf. It will help you to understand the type of questions that are commonly asked.
Q. What if I am a computer science student but want to appear for the GATE exam?
Springs and Shafts for computer science students need to work harder than the other mechanical branch students but can cover up easily by registering with BYJU'S Exam Prep for preparation.
Q. What needs to be referred for getting great results in the GATE exam?
It would help if you ideally referred to Springs and Shafts study material for GATE ME that you can get from BYJU'S Exam Prep, as it covers all essential topics with clear explanation and easy understanding.
Q. Will I get negative marks for MCQs in GATE exams?
Yes, negative markings are given for MCQ-type questions. The negative marking depends upon the score of that question. To reduce this chance, practice more Springs and Shafts MCQ questions. Also, it would help if you took more of the Springs and Shafts online tests.
Q. Is there any free course material available at BYJU'S Exam Prep?
Yes, you can access free video tutorials for spring and shafts for GATE ME that are prepared by the best of the best teachers.