A large number of students apply for the GATE every year with a dream of getting admission to a good institute for higher education. But the right preparation in the right direction is the key to clear any competitive exam. This article will tell you about the Boundary-Layer GATE syllabus, the important Boundary-Layer book for GATE ME that you can refer to, and some helpful tips that can help you pass the exam with a pretty high score,
Important Boundary Layer Topics for GATE ME
Mentioned below are the Boundary-Layer topics for GATE ME that you need to prepare thoroughly:
Boundary-Layer Theory, Boundary-Layer thickness, Boundary conditions, Shape factor,
A qualitative idea related to boundary-layer separation, methods to prevent separation of boundary-layer
Laminar and turbulent flow, shape factor, energy thickness, Reynolds number, Von Karman Momentum Integral Equation, usage of venturimeter to measure flow
Streamlined bodies and bluff bodies, drag forces and lift forces
Tips to Solve Boundary-Layer Questions for GATE
The following tips can make you ready to brave any questions from the:
- Understand the complete Boundary-Layer GATE syllabus and important Boundary-Layer topics for GATE ME.
- Get the best Boundary-Layer book. You can also download the Boundary-Layer study material for gate ME online and make your basics clear. Make self notes while studying.
- Practice solving as many Boundary-Layer gate questions as you can. Participate in the Boundary-Layer online quiz and assess your understanding of the topic. Solve the Boundary-Layer MCQ questions.
- Solve the previous year's question papers and mock tests. Practice more so that you can speed up and complete the exam within time.
- Use the Boundary-Layer GATE notes to revise the content before the exam. Use your self notes for last-minute revision.
Importance of Boundary Layer in GATE ME Exam
- Boundary-Layer is a crucial topic of GATE ME that is part of Fluid Mechanics. Boundary-Layer is for mechanical students and you need not study Boundary-Layer for computer science.
- If we look at the trend, there have been 9 or 10 questions from fluid mechanics in each paper of GATE since 2017.
- You should spend time understanding boundary-layer basics and taking the Boundary-Layer online test to solve the exam's related question.
- If we look at the fluid mechanics questions in previous years' papers, you can see fluid mechanics has some topics from which questions are there in the exam every year, and boundary-layer is one such topic.
Most Recommended Books for Boundary Layer for GATE
It is necessary to get the best Boundary-Layer study material for gate ME to help with your preparation. Below are the best books for fluid mechanics that you can refer to:
Introduction to Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Machines
A Textbook of Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines
Why Prepare the Boundary Layer from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep is a well-known name among GATE aspirants. They have the best faculty who can guide you through the exam preparation process so that you can score high. The faculty has many years of experience and expertise in their areas. Moreover, they provide the Boundary-Layer notes for GATE pdf, Boundary-Layer GATE questions and answers pdf, and Boundary-Layer MCQ pdf files for their students to practice. In addition to that, they regularly conduct the Boundary-Layer quiz for their students to practice more, which is the key to score more in GATE.
Q: Can I apply for GATE if I complete graduation through distance learning?
Yes, you can apply for this exam. But, the course you have completed should be recognized by AICTE.
Q: What documents are required while applying for GATE if I am a Postgraduate?
The candidates having post-graduation need to upload the qualifying degree related documents to fill the application form for GATE 2021.
Q: In how many papers can I apply while applying for GATE?
You can only apply for one paper out of 25 according to your qualification or the subject you have completed graduation.
Q: Where do I need to upload my category certificate while applying for GATE online?
There is no need to upload a category certificate while applying for the exam. This certificate is needed later at the time of admission to get concession in the fees.