Law Colleges in Goa
Listed below are the two most known Law Colleges Accepting CLAT Score in Goa. Know more about CLAT Answer Key.
Name of the Law Colleges in Goa
VM Salgaocar College of Law, Miramar
Govind Ramnath Kare College of Law, Goa
Courses Offered by Law Colleges Accepting CLAT Score in Goa
Students can enroll in BA LLB, LLB, and LLM programmes at both the mentioned above Law Colleges in Goa.
VM Salgaocar College of Law, Goa
V.M. Salgaocar College of Law was established by Late Shri Vasudevrao Mahadevrao Salgaocar. The institution was previously known as the Mahadevrao Salgaocar College of Law, Goa which was founded in 1973 with a substantial contribution from the founder, but the name of the college was changed to V.M. Salgaocar College of Law in 1997, as per the decision of the Governing Council. Students can pursue L.L.B., L.L.M., L.L.B. (Honors), and Doctorate degrees at the college. Faculty can also participate in orientation and refresher seminars offered by the institution. Get all the details about CLAT Exam.
₹21,000 (1st Year Fees)
BA L.L.B Honours
₹9,000 (1st Year Fees)
Eligibility Criteria BA LLB Honours
Note the below points to get an idea of the eligibility criteria for these Law Colleges in Goa.
- Candidates need to secure 45% marks at the Higher Secondary Section Certificate Exam (HSSC) of Goa Board in any stream or equivalent. Know more about SLAT in details.
- The Age should be below 20 years at the time of admission to B.A. LL.B
- Candidates from other Universities will have to obtain eligibility from Goa University.
- Candidates are required to successfully pass the Law Entrance Exams
Documents that need to be submitted along with the application are as follows: –
The application has to be submitted along with the following documents:
(a) Photocopy of HSSC or equivalent mark sheet.
(b) Photocopy of HSSC Passing Certificate.
(c) Photocopy of Birth Certificate.
(d) Five passport-size photographs signed by the candidate.
(e) Payment of prescribed fees
Candidates from other Universities:
(i) Original and photocopy of Mark sheet.
(ii) Original and photocopy of Passing Certificate.
(iii) Photocopy of Birth Certificate.
(iv) Original and photocopy Migration Certificate.
(v) Eligibility Certificate provided by Goa University after results of Entrance exam. Get all the details about CLAT Cut Off.
Admission for the course is strictly merit-based. Seats will be reserved in accordance with the criteria as laid down by the Government. Check SLAT Question Papers in detail.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their rank in the entrance test (weightage 50%) conducted at the college on the specified dates and has to secure 50% at the HSSC examination/equivalent examination. Go through the CLAT Eligibility Criteria before applying for the exam.
- Names of the shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the notice board.
- Shortlisted Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria specified above will have to attend the Counselling session along with their parents on the date and time specified on the College Notice board. Stay updated with the CLAT Counselling process.
- A candidate failing to attend the counselling session on the prescribed date and time will not be given a chance subsequently under any circumstances.
- Students who are already admitted into the course are required to bring the following at the time of Counselling. Here you will get all the details regarding SLAT Exam Dates.
- Mark sheet of the previous exam.
- Movement Diary of the previous semester.
Eligibility Criteria LLB
A candidate shall be eligible for admission to the LL.B Honors Degree Programme, subject to the following:
- Should have acquired a minimum of 45% at the HSSC examination of Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or equivalent, in any stream/branch of study for admission to the first year of the program.
- Should have passed the entrance examination conducted by the college. Get a list of CLAT Colleges.
Govind Ramnath Kare College of Law, Goa
Vidya Vikas Mandal founded Govind Ramnath Kare College of Law in Goa in response to the demand for legal education, particularly in South Goa. Govind Ramnath Kare was the inspiration for the establishment of the college. Through its IGNOU law centre, this college is the only institution in south Goa that offers professional legal education. It offers many undergraduate, postgraduate, and integrated programmes, as well as diploma and certificate courses. The institute is located in a stunning picturesque setting that provides a favourable study environment. Stay updated with the latest SLAT Syllabus.
The university has a prestigious and great track record, and proud graduates who hold top positions in the judiciary, administration, academia, and the corporate sector have contributed to society and the community. The college's vision is to be a centre of excellence that provides quality legal education while also developing professionalism with a social commitment. Its mission is to lead the way in legal education through innovative teaching and learning experiences while also producing legal professionals who are ethical and moral. Get all the details regarding the SLAT Registration process and dates.
₹27,882 (1st Year Fees)
B.A + L.L.B
₹14,446 (1st Year Fees)
Eligibility for Admission to the LL.B. Degree Programme & B.A.LL.B. Programme
Candidates who have passed their 12th standard exam of Goa Board of Higher Secondary Education or any other equivalent examination recognized by Goa University under any stream with a minimum of 45% marks (40% Marks in case of SC/ST applicants and 42% marks in case of OBC applicants) are eligible to apply for admission. The candidates belonging to another board or university will have to get an eligibility certificate from Goa University. Check the previous year’s CLAT Analysis.
Documents Required for Final Admission
- Birth Certificate or Original S.S.C./H.S.S.C. Passing Certificate for proof of age (along with self-attested copy).
- Original Statement of Marks of H.S.S.C. Examination or Equivalent passed (along with self-attested copy). Check the previous year’s SLAT Exam Analysis and get review the exam difficulty level.
- Leaving Certificate/Transfer certificate from the Principal of the college last attended.
- In the case of students other than from Goa Board of Higher Secondary Education, Eligibility Certificate and/or Migration Certificate as the case may be, from the Goa University for the purpose of confirmation of admission. Check SLAT Admit Card in detail.
- Certificate in support of SC/ST/OBC status
Admission Procedure in Law Colleges in Goa
Candidates who are aspiring to get admission is required to fill in the application form and submit the same with all the relevant documents. The College will be conducting an entrance examination for eligible candidates. This examination will be conducted in English and will be for 2 hours and will consist of objective type and/or short answer type questions from subjects such as the English language, general knowledge, and current affairs, computer knowledge, logical reasoning & aptitude, and writing skills. Check previous year's SLAT Cut Off.
The admission will be merit-based giving equal weightage to both-the qualifying examination and the entrance examination and accordingly the list of short-listed candidates will be displayed. The shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an interview and counseling process along with their parents. Admission formalities will be completed only after the payment of necessary fees.