IISc Bangalore PG Admission Notification 2021
IISc Bangalore PG Admission 2021: Important Dates
|1.||Online application begins||22nd February 2021|
|2.||Last Date for Online Application||31st March 2021(11:59 PM)|
IISc Bangalore PG Admission 2021: Research Programmes PhD/M. Tech (Research)
|S. No||Programs||Research Areas|
|1.||PhD in Science Faculty||Astronomy & Astrophysics, Biochemistry, Ecological Sciences, High Energy Physics, Inorganic & Physical Chemistry, Materials Research, Mathematics, Microbiology & Cell Biology, Molecular Biophysics, Molecular Reproduction, Development & Genetics, Neurosciences, Organic Chemistry, Physics, and Solid State & Structural Chemistry|
|2.||M Tech (Research) and PhD in Engineering Faculty||Aerospace Engineering, Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Automation, Earth Sciences, Electrical Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Systems Engineering, Instrumentation, Management Studies, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Nano Science and Engineering, Product Design & Manufacturing, Sustainable Technologies, and Computational and Data Sciences – (Computational Science Stream and Computer Systems Stream)|
|3.||PhD in Interdisciplinary areas||Bio-systems Science and Engineering (offered by Centre for Biosystems Science and Engineering), Energy (offered by Interdisciplinary Centre for Energy Research), Mathematical Sciences (offered by IISc Mathematics Initiative), Nanoscience and Engineering (offered by the Centre for Nano Science and Engineering), Water Research (offered by Interdisciplinary Centre for Water Research)|
- Applicants possessing a minimum of second class or equivalent in the following degrees as applicable to the individual departments / areas are eligible to apply:
|Qualifying degree||Qualifying in national entrance tests (Mode of entry)|
- *The GATE score should be valid as on 02 August 2021. Candidates securing the valid GATE score for the years 2019/2020/2021 may apply.
- ** NET JRF includes – Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF; UGC-NET for JRF; DBT JRF; ICMR JRF; JEST; NBHM Screening Test 2020; INSPIRE fellow.
Selection Procedure for Research Programs
- Candidates are shortlisted for an interview based on their performance in the National Entrance Test and/or the qualifying degree as detailed in the above table.
- The selection is based on the performance in the interview (in some of the departments, an aptitude test/preliminary interview will precede the interview/final interview)
IISc Bangalore PG Admission 2021: COURSE PROGRAMMES [M Tech/M Des/M Mgt]
M Tech Programmes
|Dept. /Programmes||Basis of Selection|
Note: CAM: means figure of Merit based on 10th/12th/UG/PG marks/GPA
- Applicants possessing a minimum of Second Class or equivalent in a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of
- Engineering / Technology or
- B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MoE/UPSC/AICTE (e.g AMIE by Institutions of Engineers).
- Master’s degree in Physical Sciences, Mathematics,
- Statistics, Geology, Instrumentation, Electronics, Computer Applications as applicable to individual departments/programs with a valid GATE 2019 / 2020 / 2021 score are eligible to apply
Note: Candidates enrolled up to 31.05.2013 with professional societies(e.g AMIE) recognized by MoE/UPSC/AICTE are only eligible to apply.
- Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP) provides a common platform for the candidate to make the most preferred choice for admission into M.Tech Programmes through GATE in participating institutions (IISc & IITs).
- Admission offers for M Tech programs of IISc for all the above disciplines and also for M.Des. (from GATE stream) will be made on COAP.
- Sponsored candidates from Defence, BARC, DRDO, ISRO, NAL, NTRO, KSRTC, BMTC, BDA, PWD, and CPRI applying for a course program under the sponsored category must compulsorily fill an online application form and submit the printed version, in duplicate, on or before 5 April 2021.
IISc Bangalore PG Admission 2021: Master of Design (M Des)
- Product Design and Engineering offered by Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing
- Applicants possessing a minimum of the second class in Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology Design / Architecture with valid GATE 2019/ 2020/ 2021 or CEED 2021 score as of 2nd August 2021 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for a design aptitude test and an interview based on the GATE / CEED score as per the schedule given on the IISc website under Important
- Selection will be based on the performance in 70% GATE / CEED, and 30% performance in online design aptitude test and interview.
- The announcement of the results and issue of admission of offers for candidates shortlisted on GATE score will be through COAP, and for those based on CEED, directly by the Institute.
IISc Bangalore PG Admission 2021: Master of Management (M Mgt)
- Applicants possessing a minimum of the first class or equivalent in Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent with a valid GATE 2019/ 2020/ 2021 or CAT 2020 or GMAT scores are
eligible to apply.
- Candidates will be short-listed for online interviews based on GATE / CAT / GMAT scores as per the schedule given on the IISc website under Important Dates.
- Selection will be based on 15% (GATE / CAT / GMAT scores) + 15% UG performance + 30% Communication skill + 40% performance in online interview.
IISc Bangalore PG Admission 2021: INTEGRATED Ph. D. PROGRAMMES
|Educational qualification||Qualifying examination|
|Biological Sciences||JAM 2021 in Biotechnology(BT) or|
Chemistry (CY) or Mathematics (MA) or Physics (PH) or Biotechnology (BT)
|Chemical Sciences||JAM 2021 in Chemistry (CY) or|
|Mathematical Sciences||JAM 2021 in Mathematics (MA) or|
Mathematical Statistics (MS)
|Physical Sciences||JAM 2021 in Physics (PH) or|
- Candidates will be short-listed for interviews based on their JAM 2021 score for all the four disciplines, and those cleared JEST 2021 for Physical Sciences.
- Selection for (a) Chemical Sciences will be based on the performance in the interview; (b) Biological, Physical and Mathematical Sciences will be based on combined performance in the qualifying examination and interview.
IISc Bangalore PG Admission 2021: Ph.D under External Registration Programme (ERP)
- This programme is meant for (1) professionals from R&D Organizations / Industries and (2) Faculty members from Engineering, Agricultural, Pharmaceutical, Veterinary, Medical Colleges/ Universities, recognized by the appropriate government agencies
- Qualifying in one of the national entrance tests like CSIR-UGC NET for JRF, UGC-NET for JRF, DBT JRF, ICMR JRF, GATE, NBHM is desirable but not mandatory.
- Further, the candidate should have completed two years of full-time employment in the current organization after completion of degree.
- The candidates must be officially sponsored by their employing organizations.
- Based on the performance in an interview
IISc Bangalore PG Admission 2021: Application Fee
|General / OBC / EWS (economically weaker section)||₹ 800|
|SC / ST / PwD (Person with disability)||₹ 400|
|ERP candidates (all categories)||₹ 2000|
|Sponsored candidates from Defence, BARC, DRDO, ISRO, NAL, NTRO, KSRTC, BMTC, BDA, PWD, and CPRI||₹ 800|
For more details, check the IISc Bangalore Website
Prep Smart. Score Better