How to Prepare for CLAT?
Common Law Admission Test CLAT is a national level Law Exam which is highly competitive to crack. It is conducted by CLAT Consortium every year. So, a well-planned preparation with the best strategy can make you a winner in this exam. The most important question that comes to the mind of the candidates is, "How to Prepare for CLAT Without Coaching? Is it Possible to Prepare for CLAT without Coaching?". So, first of all the candidates need to understand the exam well, including its syllabus, exam pattern, difficulty level, question types, marking scheme and many more.
Know Exam Pattern Well
Before starting with the preparation, the candidates should have complete knowledge of the CLAT Exam Pattern and syllabus. The candidates have to solve in a total of 150 MCQ questions in 120 minutes in the CLAT. Note the table below to get CLAT Pattern, the topics covered, and the number of questions.
Name of the Section
Number of Questions
Current Affairs, including General Knowledge
The candidates who want to Prepare for CLAT Without Coaching must be aware of the marking scheme. Note the below guiding points to know the latest Marking Scheme of CLAT.
- Each correct answer will be awarded +1 mark
- Each incorrect answer will be penalized with -0.25 mark
☛ See Also: How to Prepare for CLAT in One Month
Section-wise CLAT Preparation Without Coaching
The CLAT usually consists of 5 sections: English Language, Current Affairs including General Knowledge, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Techniques. The maximum number of questions are asked from Legal Reasoning for CLAT. Below given are the section-wise tips to Prepare for CLAT Without Coaching.
CLAT Legal Reasoning Preparation without Coaching
In this section, you will be given passages of around 450 words each. The passages will be based on the topics of legal matters, philosophical questions, public policy, etc.
- Any prior knowledge of the law is not required. Check the previous year's CLAT Analysis.
- To ace this section, try to solve atleast 25-30 questions regularly for a better understanding of this section to prepare for CLAT without Coaching.
- Legal Reasoning questions are usually lengthy, so you need to practice a lot of questions beforehand for efficient time management during the exam.
- It has been seen that the legal reasoning questions are repeated; therefore, it is suggested that the candidates should practice CLAT Previous Year Papers to prepare for CLAT without Coaching.
CLAT Preparation Without Coaching for Current Affairs, including General Knowledge
In this section, you will be provided passages of up to 450 words each. The passages from news, journalistic sources, and other non-fiction writing will be given. The questions may ask the candidate to examine any legal information or knowledge discussed in or related to the passage.
See Also: CLAT Cut Off
- To ace this section, start preparing for it from today itself.
- Start reading the newspaper regularly to Prepare for CLAT without Coaching.
- Try to jot down the important news in a separate notebook, for instance, new appointments of ministers, sports, business-related news, etc., for easy revision of such updates later.
- You can also refer to the Daily Current Affairs for Law exams to prepare your Current Affairs section.
How to Prepare for CLAT English Language Preparation without Coaching
In this section of the CLAT, you will be provided passages of about 450 words each. The passages will be of a moderate-difficult level.
- Try to read and comprehend the main point discussed in the passage and find out any arguments and viewpoints discussed in the passage.
- Draw inferences and conclusions after reading the whole passage to solve questions easily while preparing for CLAT without Coaching.
☛ See also How to Prepare for CLAT in 3 Months
- Compare and contrast the different arguments or viewpoints set out in the passage to prepare for CLAT Without Coaching.
- Try to find out the meaning of various words and phrases used in the passage.
- For better preparation for this section, start with Vocabulary to prepare for CLAT Without Coaching.
- Reading newspapers, particularly editorials, will help you increase your vocabulary.
- Refer to some of the vocabulary-enhancing books like Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis.
- Reading Comprehension is a time-consuming topic for the CLAT Exam. All you need is the sufficient practice in this topic. Stay updated with the CLAT Counselling dates, fees and process.
How to Prepare for CLAT Without Coaching - Logical Reasoning
The CLAT Logical Reasoning will include a series of short passages of about 300 words each.
- Read and try to identify the arguments set out in the passage while preparing for CLAT without Coaching. Check CLAT Eligibility before applying for the exam.
- This section is all about practice and a few tricks.
- Attempting the Logical Reasoning section becomes easy once you understand the right approach to solve the questions. Read on about Dos and don'ts for CLAT Exam.
- There are various short tricks involved to solve the different topics of logical reasoning. So, learn some tricks and then practice as many questions as possible to prepare for CLAT without Coaching.
- Take online tests and solve questions from different logical reasoning books and practice exercises. Know all the details for expert-recommended CLAT Preparation Tips.
CLAT Preparation Without Coaching for Quantitative Techniques
This section carries the lowest weightage in terms of marks and number of questions but is probably the most scoring section of the CLAT exam.
- The Quantitative Techniques section of the UG-CLAT exam consists of short sets of facts or propositions, graphs, or other textual, pictorial or diagrammatic representations of numerical information, followed by a series of questions.
- You will be required to derive information from such passages, graphs, or other representations and apply mathematical operations to such information.
- You just need to solve at least 20-25 questions while preparing for CLAT without Coaching. It will help you to get through this section in the exam easily.
- If you devote 30-45 minutes to the preparation of this section daily, scoring 12-15 marks in this section will become quite easy.
- We recommend you refer to the NCERT 10th Level Maths book, R.S Agarwal for D.I., and R.D. Sharma book for D.I. to Prepare for CLAT Without Coaching.
☛ Related Links:
How to Prepare for CLAT without Coaching?
When it comes to Prepare for CLAT without Coaching, the candidates must be very strategic and follow a planned way to complete CLAT Syllabus. Note the below points to Crack CLAT without Coaching.
- Don't let the Syllabus of the CLAT scare you in the beginning. Yes, you may come across some new topics for this exam but preparing them is not a herculean task. You need to have conceptual clarity, especially for the Legal Aptitude section and attempting the questions would become easy for you to Prepare for CLAT without Coaching. Know all the details for CLAT Result.
- Mugging up everything is not the right approach. You need to strategize and plan your preparation smartly to Prepare for CLAT without Coaching. For this, identify your strengths and weaknesses from the different sections asked in this exam and then work on them accordingly. For instance, if you are good at the English section, you can devote less time to its preparation and utilize this time to strengthen another section.
- Don't start your preparation with CLAT Mock Papers. Yes, it's important to solve them for overall preparation, but attempting the mock tests at the start of your preparation will only discourage you. First, understand the different sections of the CLAT and gain a proper command of the CLAT Important Topics asked under these sections. You should proceed to full-length mock tests after you have gained expertise in the individual sections to Prepare for CLAT without Coaching.
- Some CLAT sections, like GK and English Vocabulary, need regular preparation. So, make sure that you maintain continuity in your CLAT Preparation without Coaching.
- Proper Time Management is crucial for the CLAT Exam, and the best way for efficient time management is a regular practice.
- Set your goals for each day and stick to them to Prepare for CLAT without Coaching. Practice is the key to maximize your exam score, so don't just read; start solving CLAT Sample Papers.
Whether you are a beginner or have been preparing for law exams for a long, just have the confidence to Prepare for CLAT without Coaching. Follow the right strategy, and we assure you that cracking this exam will be quite easy.