Vernier Gear Tooth Calliper
- As seen in the illustration, a vernier gear tooth calliper comprises two verniers that is parallel to one another.
- Vernier gear tooth is to gauge a gear tooth's chordal thickness of the gear at the pitch circle.
- The tooth thickness of a gear is measured using a horizontal vernier calliper.
- It functions in a manner akin to an outside vernier calliper.
- The pitch circle of a gear's pitch is measured from the tooth top using a vertical vernier calliper.
- Vernier gear tooth callipers come with several tables that provide these distances as well as the chordal tooth gears thickness with varying diametral pitches and variable numbers of teeth.
Gear tooth Vernier is used (a) To measure the addendum (b) To measure the addendum and dedendum (c) To measure the circular pitch (d) To measure the pitch line thickness of tooth
Gear tooth Vernier is used to gauge the thickness of a tooth's pitch line. It contains two verniers which are parallel to one another