What is the GATE scorecard 2023?
The GATE scorecard is an officially released document that could be used for up to three years for Post graduation admission purposes and up to two years for recruitment in various PSUs. It is essential to note that the GATE scorecard is only released if the candidate has cleared the GATE Cutoff.
The availability of the GATE scorecard to download for free is limited and will be unavailable after 1 January 2024; hence candidates need to keep a copy of the same safe. The gate 2023 scorecard download link will be live on 21 March 2023.
Direct link to Download GATE 2023 scorecard
GATE Scorecard Overview
Without a GATE scorecard candidates cannot apply to lead institutions and colleges that offer Master’s programs like M.Tech, M.E, M.Sc, etc. Public Sector Undertakings like HPCL, GAIL, and NTPC accept GATE scores for their job applications. Many universities and colleges in Germany, Singapore, and the USA accept GATE scores as a part of their eligibility criteria. Check out the overview of the GATE scorecard in the table provided below:
Availability of GATE scorecard
|21 March 2023|
Validity of GATE scorecard 2023
3 years from the date of announcement of the result
Availability of scorecard for Free
21 March - 31 May 2023
Availability of scorecard with Additional Fee
31 May 2023- 1 Jan 2024
GATE Scorecard Validity
The validity of the GATE scorecard depends on its purpose of usage. For example validity of the scorecard for admission to IITs and NITs is different than the validity for PSU recruitment. The GATE scorecard is valid only for candidates who have cleared the cutoff set by the individual institution. Check out the GATE scorecard validity for various purposes below:
- Validity of GATE scorecard for Admission in IITs: 3 years
- Validity for Admission in NITs: 3 years
- Validity for PSU Recruitment: 1-2 years
- Validity for Government Jobs: 1-3 years
How to Download GATE Scorecard?
Candidates can download the GATE scorecard using the steps shown below. To download the scorecard it is required to log in through their registered credentials. Candidates should visit the GOAPS portal to access the GATE scorecard. Kindly go through the steps to avoid the difficulty in downloading the same:
- Step 1- Open the GATE website and click the download scorecard link.
- Step 2- Log in using your enrollment ID and password.
- Step 3- Click on the scorecard tab.
- Step 4- Your GATE scorecard 2023 will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 5- Click on the download link and take a printout.
Details Mentioned on GATE Scorecard
The GATE scorecard 2023 is an official document certifying the candidates’ status. It mentions the details of candidates' scores in the exam and other important information. It is a document explaining your successful clearing of the GATE result. All the information which are mentioned in the scorecard of GATE is listed below:
- Candidate Name
- GATE 2023 registration number
- Gender of the candidate
- Examination Paper
- Marks scored out of 100
- Years till which the GATE scorecard is valid
- Qualifying marks for various categories
- All India Rank
- No of the candidates appeared for the GATE paper
What is GATE Marks & GATE Score?
It is a common confusion that GATE marks and scores are the same terms. The candidates planning to appear in the GATE exam shall know the difference between these two terms. Check out actual GATE marks, normalized marks, and GATE scores.
- Actual GATE Marks: According to the official authority, the GATE marks are the actual scores a student scores on paper out of 100. These GATE marks are the straightforward marks a candidate gets on their performance through the exam.
- Normalized GATE Marks: Multiple paper sessions are held for GATE examinations in Civil and Mechanical engineering. As a result, GATE authorities apply a neutralized score normalization method. Evaluating applicants helps bring everyone up to the same level irrespective of the exam's difficulty level and the number of applicants.
- GATE Score: The GATE score for a student is based on a maximum of 1000 marks. Only the actual marks for exams taken in a single session are used to calculate GATE scores. The marks are normalized for a paper taken in many sessions and then converted into a GATE score.
Importance of the GATE Scorecard
GATE scorecard carries various important aspects with them. It can be used in various instances, such as admission to IITs, IISc, Fellowship programs, PSU recruitment, and much more. The section below will discuss the GATE Score's importance and benefits through a few points. One must read about the importance and benefits of GATE Score points so you can make the most of GATE Score.
- To apply for Post-Graduate courses.
- The GATE scorecard is useful in applying to work in research centers and teaching departments.
- If you wish to pursue education in a different country, GATE scores are required as a part of their eligibility criteria; hence it is very important.
- Public Sector Undertakings also ask for GATE scores for recruitment. PSUs like HPCL, GAIL, and NTPC accept GATE scores for their job applications.
- Companies in the private sector favour students who have finished their M.E. or M.Tech. Through the GATE exam.
- Additionally, even if certain opportunities do not require a GATE score, they can help boost your CV for other jobs. Many students across the country give the GATE exam.
|Other Important GATE Links|
|GATE Exam Pattern||PSU Cutoff|
|GATE Exam Registration||GATE Response Sheet|
|GATE Syllabus for CSE||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
Commentswrite a comment