GATE Score Card 2022 Overview
GATE score card 2022 is an important document that candidates will have to keep safe as it could be used for up to three years for the admission process and up to two years for getting placed in PSUs. It will be only generated if candidates have cleared the GATE Cut Off. Candidates will not be able to download their scorecard after 1 January 2023 hence it is very important for candidates to keep a copy of the same safe. Here in the table provided below, we have listed an overview of GATE score card 2022.
We have discussed and mentioned the scorecard downloading link, availability, and validity of the GATE scorecard. Kindly have a look at the particular details.
GATE score card
Download from gate.iitkgp.ac.in
Availability of GATE 2022 scorecard
Free of cost from 22 March - 31 May 2022 and download with a late fee of Rs. 500 from 31 May to 31 December 2022
Validity of GATE scorecard 2022
3 years from the date of announcement of the result
GATE 2022 Score Card Release Date and Late Fee
GATE 2022 score card release dates were already announced by IIT Kharagpur on its official GATE site.
- As per the notification, the score card of GATE will be released on 22nd March and will be live until 31st May 2022.
- Candidates with late fees can download the GATE score card will be given access from 1st June to December last week.
How to Download GATE Score Card 2022?
Candidates will be able to download the GATE score card 2022 through their login credentials. Candidates should visit the GOAPS portal to access the GATE scorecard by following the steps which are described here.
Kindly go through the steps to avoid the difficulty in downloading the same:
Step 1- Open the GATE 2022 website and click on the download scorecard link.
Step 2- Login using enrollment ID and password
Step 3- Click on the scorecard tab
Step 4- Your GATE score card 2022 will be displayed on the screen
Step 5- Click on the download link and take a printout of it.
Details Mentioned on GATE Scorecard
The GATE scorecard 2022 is an official document certifying the candidates’ status. It mentions the details of candidates' scores in the exam and other important information. It is a document explaining your successful clearing of the GATE result. All the information which are mentioned in the scorecard of GATE is listed below:
- Candidate name
- GATE 2022 registration number
- Gender of the candidate
- Examination Paper
- Marks scored out of 100
- Years till which the GATE score card is valid
- Qualifying marks for various categories
- All India Rank
- No of the candidates appeared for the GATE paper
What is GATE Marks & GATE Score?
It is a common confusion which candidates have that GATE marks and GATE scores are the same terms. The candidates planning to appear in the GATE exam shall be aware of the difference between these two terms. Check out what is actual GATE marks, normalized marks, and what is GATE score.
- Actual GATE Marks
According to the official authority, the GATE marks are the actual scores a student scores on paper out of 100. These GATE marks are the straightforward marks that a candidate gets by their performance through the exam.
- Normalized GATE Marks
For GATE examinations in Civil and Mechanical engineering, multiple paper sessions are held. As a result, GATE authorities apply a neutralized score normalization method. When it comes to evaluating applicants, it helps to bring everyone up to the same level irrespective of the level of difficulty or the exam and number of the applicants.
- GATE Score
The GATE score for a student is based on a maximum of 1000 marks. Only the actual marks for exams taken in a single session are used to calculate GATE scores. For a paper that was taken in many sessions, the marks are normalized and then converted into a GATE score.
How to Calculate Normalized GATE Marks?
Because of the enormous number of applicants who choose the ME and CE papers each year, these two tests are held in two sessions each year, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. In order to be fair to all candidates, the authorities have created a process for normalizing GATE scores.
The normalization of the jth candidate's marks in the ith session is given by Mij
- Mij is the candidate's marks scored in the session
- Mgt is the average of the candidate's marks overall sessions
- Mgq is the sum of the candidate's mean and standard deviation over all sessions
- Mti is the candidate's average score in a single session
- Miq is the sum of the candidate's mean and standard deviation in a single session
How to Calculate GATE Score?
GATE Marks are used to computing the score. To compute the GATE score, the mean of the candidate's marks is an important criterion. The official authority has issued a formula to calculate the score. The formula to calculate the GATE score is:
- M is the marks obtained on single-session and multi-session papers
- Mq is the paper's qualifying mark for candidates in the general category.
- Mt is the mean of the candidates' marks on the exam
- Sq: 350, is a score assigned to Mq
- St: 900, is a score assigned to Mt
Importance and Benefits of GATE Score Card
GATE score card carries various important aspects with it. It can be used in various instances such as admission in IITs, IISc, Fellowship programs, recruitment in PSUs, and a lot more. In the section below we are going to discuss the importance and benefits of the GATE Score through a few points. One must read about the importance and benefits of GATE Score points so that you can make the most of GATE Score.
- To apply for Post-Graduate courses.
- The GATE score card is useful in applying to work in research centres and teaching departments.
- If you wish to pursue education in a different country GATE scores are required as a part of their eligibility criteria hence it is very important.
- Public Sector Undertakings also asks for GATE scores for recruitment. PSUs like HPCL, GAIL, and NTPC accept GATE scores for their job applications.
- Companies in the private sector favour students who have finished their M.E. or M.Tech. through the GATE exam.
- Additionally, even if certain opportunities do not require a GATE score, they can help in boosting your CV for other jobs as well. GATE exam is given by many students across the country.
Online Classroom Program
Avail Test Series
|GATE Exam Related Links|
|GATE Pattern||GATE Cut Off 2022|
|GATE Exam Registration||GATE Response Sheet|
|NIELIT Scientist B Previous Year Papers||GATE 2022 Fees|
|GATE Syllabus for CSE||GATE Eligibility Criteria 2022|
|GATE Total Marks||HPCL Salary|
To view the Official Notification of HAL, click the link below,