GATE 2023 Registration Process
IIT Kanpur will monitor the GATE 2023 registration process from 30th August 2022. Every candidate who will do GATE 2023 registration will be provided with an Enrollment ID. In addition, the candidate will also get an email with the GOAPS 2023 Enrollment ID. IIT will use this Enrollment ID for all future communications. The details which should be checked before registration are shared below.
- Candidates are requested to check the GATE eligibility criteria before going forward to the phase of GATE 2023 registration.
- Before submitting the form, check all the guidelines and instructions about personal and educational details, contacts, identity proof, scanned images pdf, signature details, etc.
- The GATE 2023 registration last date must be checked as the fee will differ for the last and extended dates. In addition, the transfer and bank charges will be applicable as only the Net Banking /Debit Card/ Credit Card mode is accepted.
GATE 2023 Registration Start Date
The GATE 2023 registration start date is 30th August 2022. Candidates will have to register on the official website of GATE 2023. The details filled during the GATE 2023 registration process should be checked before submission, as these details can not be changed once the registration is completed.
IIT Kanpur will send all communications regarding GATE 2023 to the candidate's email addresses and mobile numbers. The candidates must remember the password and GOAPS Enrollment ID to log in to the GOAPS portal. The candidate can fill out the GATE 2023 application form only after the registration process is complete. Basic details that are required to register are provided below.
- Full Name (as per the valid photo ID)
- Valid Email address
- Mobile Number
- Creating a new password
After successful registration, log in to the GOAPS portal to fill out the application form for GATE. Read here GATE 2023 Login.
GATE 2023 Registration Link
A candidate willing to appear in one or two papers should fill out only one application form for GATE 2023. If a candidate fills multiple applications, only one will be accepted, and the remaining applications will be rejected without any refund of fees paid. A candidate must register before the GATE 2023 last date. The link to register for GATE 2023 is provided below.
What is the GATE 2023 Registration Last Date?
GATE 2023 registration last date becomes important for graduate Engineering candidates as GATE is a crucial examination for their career. Many candidates will register for GATE 2023, so candidates need to know what is GATE 2023 registration's last date. Candidates can check the last date to register for GATE 2023 with and without late fees below to complete the application process on time.
GATE 2023 Registration Last Date Without Late Fees
The GATE 2023 registration last date without late fees is 30th September 2022, which is ₹1700 for general candidates and ₹ 850 for female/SC/ST candidates.
GATE 2023 Registration Last Date 2023 with Late Fees
The GATE 2023 registration last date with late fees is 7th October 2022. A candidate will have to pay an extra fee of ₹ 500, which makes ₹ 2200 for general candidates to register after the last date. Candidates from the general category must pay ₹2200 (₹1700 + ₹500 late fees) till 7th October 2022. Candidates from the female/SC/ST category must pay ₹1350 (₹850 + ₹500 late fees) until 7th October 2022.
Check out the table below to know the events related to GATE 2023 registration.
|Online Registration Process Opens||Tuesday||30th August 2022|
|Closing Date of regular online registration||Friday||30th September 2022|
|Closing Date of extended online registration||Friday||7th October 2022|
|Modifications in GATE 2023 Application||Friday to Friday||4th to 11th November 2022|
|Availability of GATE 2023 Admit cards for download||Tuesday||3rd January 2023|
|GATE 2023 Examinations||Saturday & Sunday||February 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 2023|
What is the Registration ID in GATE 2023?
There are two types of IDs that candidates need to fill out while filling out the GATE 2023 application form.
- The GATE institute registration for college is the enrollment number for the institute or university college from which the candidate has graduated. If the candidate filling the GATE 2023 application form has a roll number/enrollment number assigned by the college, then they must fill that number in Registration ID/number.
- GATE registration or enrollment ID is for new candidates coming to the GATE 2023 website for the first time. After the registration in the GOAPS portal, a registration number known as Enrollment ID is provided for further process.
If you forget your Enrollment ID, you can retrieve it on your registered email and mobile number through the process shared below.
- First, visit the official website of GATE 2023.
- Go to the login option. Next, click on Forgot Enrollment ID/ Password.
- Then, enter the registered Mobile Number and Email ID.
- Then, click on 'Request OTP' to retrieve the Enrollment ID.
- The candidates will receive the Enrollment ID on their mobile via SMS.
GATE 2023 Registration Fees
Check here for GATE 2023 registration fee details for the examination centers inside and outside India. Find the fee information in tabular form to get a clear vision. Candidates can see the category-wise segregation of fees. Candidates need to pay different fees once the GATE 2023 registration last date is over. Also, check the fee details for the extended date of form submission.
Details of Registration Fee for GATE 2023 for Exam Centres in India
For Examination Centres in India
Regular Period (30th August 2022 to 30th September 2022)
During the Extended Period (1st October 2022 to 7th October 2022)
SC / ST / PwD category candidates
All other candidates
Details of Registration Fee for GATE 2023 for Foreign Nationals
During the Extended Period
Centers in India
Dhaka and Kathmandu
Dubai and Singapore
Details of Registration Fee for Indian Nationals to Give Exam on Foreign Locations
During the Extended Period
Dhaka and Kathmandu
Dubai and Singapore
GOAPS 2023 Registration Details
To make the GATE 2023 registration successful, candidates need to check the complete information, instructions, and data requirements described below. In addition, candidates should also ensure the essential steps before filling out the GATE application form 2023 online. The details which must be checked are provided below.
- GATE account Registration through GOAPS.
- Application form filling process
- Upload required documents
- Identity Proof
- Supporting Documents
- Category (SC/ST) Certificate
- A person with a disability (PWD) Certificate
- Dyslexia certificate
What After GATE 2023 Registration?
After the GATE 2023 registration last date, most PSUs will start their registration process. These posts will be for Engineer and Management Trainees through GATE 2023 recruitment, so get all details of PSU through GATE. Candidates must fill out the GATE registration numbers in the PSUs application form to complete their application process. The other things candidates must do after the GATE 2023 registration are:
- Set the weekly and monthly targets for GATE 2023.
- Revision is the key to cracking the GATE 2023 exam, so start the revision.
- Complete the GATE 2023 Syllabus on time before September 2022.
Role of GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
Candidates applying for the GATE 2023 exam should first know the procedure of GOAPS. There are essential details to access the GOAPS account, which you need to know are GOAPS Registration, Enrollment ID Password. With this process, the applicants can interact with their account to check the following:
- Application form
- Admit card
- Upload necessary documents
- Fee payment
- Status of approved and rejected applications
- Download Admit card
- View Answer Key, Marks Score Card.
Check out related articles: