ESE Exam Analysis 2020: UPSC has conducted the Engineering Services Exam (ESE) 2020 Prelims on 5th January 2020. Once the IES Prelims (ESE) 2020 exam is completed, candidates look for the answer key and analysis of the paper. The exam comprised of two papers
- Paper 1: General Studies and Engineering Aptitude
- Paper 2: Technical paper(CE/E&T/EC/ME)
Today we are providing Weightage Analysis of ESE 2020 Prelims Paper 1 along with ESE (IES) 2020 analysis, which will help the candidates preparing for the future.
Highlights of ESE 2020 Paper 1 Exam
- The level was simple to moderate
- Basics of Energy and Environment was easy
- Project management and Standard quality were mostly asked topics with 19 questions being asked from them.
- There were around 22 questions were from Engineering Aptitude and Engineering Mathematics
- The level of questions was easy compared to previous years.
Download ESE Prelims Paper 1 Answer Key Here!
ESE (IES) 2020 Exam Analysis & Review - Paper 1
No. of questions and Weightage of marks of each topic is provided here:
|Subjects/Topics||Questions (2020)||Questions (2019)|
|Current issues of national and international importance relating to social, economic and industrial development||10||4|
|Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability||10||14|
|Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis||12||4|
|General Principles of Design, Drawing, Importance of Safety||9||5|
|Standards and Quality practices in production, construction, maintenance and services||10||9|
|Basics of Energy and Environment||10||13|
|Basics of Project Managment||12||13|
|Basics of Material Science & Engineering||11||14|
|Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based tools and their applications in Engineering such as networking, e-governance, and technology-based education.||11||10|
|Ethics and value in the Engineering profession.||5||14|
ESE 2020 Expected Good Attempts: 70-80 marks
All The Best!
Commentswrite a comment