ESE 2018 final result was declared on 9th November 2018 and a total of 511 candidates have been declared selected for the recruitment. ESE being the most prestigious exam for Engineering graduates requires rigorous preparations with the dedicated focus towards the desired goal. Abhishek Shukla (AIR 17 Electronics & Telecommunication) has set the example for many other aspirants of how to transform your dreams into reality with continuous efforts. BYJU'S Exam Prep got in touch with Abhishek Shukla and here is what he had to say about his success in ESE 2018.
What inspired you to prepare for Engineering Services Examination?
- The idea of ESE came in my mind when I couldn't make it in IIT JEE screening test of 2011. Unsuccessful to attend IITs so I perused to do the best an engineer could get i.e. IES tag.
- So I had prepared myself for that and it was in 2018 I made it with AIR 17 in E&T branch.
What was your preparation strategy for different subjects?
- The subjects which were tough for me like Analog electronics became my favourite as I practised them more and more.
- Friends always prepare well those subject first having more weightage. And previous year questions gave me right path to work on and never compromise with those prepare them all.
- Follow standard books atleast solve solved questions to see the steps by which they approach a conclusion. The gist of all the subjects are prepared well by BYJU'S Exam Prep follow them.
What was your strongest area and what was the weakest? How did you overcome your weaknesses?
- My strong areas were common like all others have like network, control system and digital electronics and instrumentation.
- The weak areas in which I paid a lot attention were Analog and digital communication and Analog electronics.
- Practising all sort of questions from different papers helped me and I was ready to make them all my favourite ones.
What difficulties did you face while preparing for the exam?
- Patience, hard work, and perseverance, the positive attitude can help you to tackle all obstacles of this journey towards becoming IES officer.
- Mind these are not mere words but to be followed till your dreams come true.
- Various difficulties which come during this journey were I failed to manage any PSU through GATE but I still worked hard for ESE.
- Never fear failures they are on the path of success.
- Time management was utmost important for me as I was working in BSNL.
How did you manage pressure during the preparation?
- I can and I will, was the thing which helped me during this course of my journey.
- I was always determined for my goal at any cost I will put in extra efforts and get something extra out of life to make myself different from others.
- Always think if you cant succeed by having a smile on your face you can't succeed by having tears. Have a positive impact of pressure don't let yourself down
What was your strategy in the last 1 month before the Main exam?
- During last, one month just revise the topics you faced difficulty and formulas you often miss but are most important.
- Take mock tests and have 3 days between 2 mocks and learn from mistakes write them down and now just follow your short notes.
- Go through those questions you marked as important from previous years. Be confident that it's your day on the day of the exam. If you think you can sure you will succeed
What role did Mock Tests, Previous Year Papers and Daily Quizzes play in your preparation?
- Mock test helps you to manage pressure and tell you your weak areas and makes you more confident of your good performance.
- Daily quizzes will surely help you to have a positive outcome on the form of selection.
- It will make you go through more information regarding a particular topic you missed or are uncomfortable with.
What advice would you like to give to the fellow aspirants?
- First of all, have confidence that you can make it then hard work and patience since it is of about 8 months long process of selection.
- Don't let failures break your desire to succeed. Believe me one day all those late nights and early wakeup will surely pay.
- There is not a shortcut to success. It takes time to achieve something big. And it's your life make it inspiring. Success doesn't come in comfort zone. Push your limits and you will surely succeed.
How did BYJU'S Exam Prep help you in your preparation?
- Gradeup app helped me to practice previous year questions and I felt very confident as the quizzes I took if I secured good marks and rank motivated me and made me confident that I was on right track.
- The team of Gradeup try their best to include the best questions . Trust me never skip their notification and surely you will land at a very good rank.
What feature of the BYJU'S Exam Prep App was the most useful for you?
- Gradeup daily quizzes and notes helped me very much. And also exam notification was updated early. Thanks to BYJU'S Exam Prep team for your kind efforts.
Suggest the area where we need to improve.
- You are already a pioneer for more impressive modifications follow the google reviews section. For me am satisfied with your quality.