CLAT Seat Allotment 2023
Seat Allotment of CLAT is a process of allocating the courses of the Top NLUs in India. The candidates are now invited for the further selection round and they can register for CLAT Counselling till 12 January 2023. Based on the CLAT seat allotment, candidates can choose the courses in the participating NLUs. The CLAT Consortium has announced the list of CLAT 2023 Allotment along with the instructions. Candidates have to pay the allotted fee before the scheduled date. Candidates who will register for the CLAT 2023 Counselling and did not find their name in the previous list can check their status in the next list by logging in to the official site.
CLAT 2023 Seat Allotment Highlights
Note the table below to get basic highlights of CLAT Seat Allotment 2023.
Mode of CLAT Seat Allotment 2023
Total Participating CLAT Colleges
22 NLUs and private/self-financed colleges
Total CLAT Seats
3000 approx. (in NLUs)
CLAT Seat Allotment 2023 Dates
The candidates who made the shortlist must attend counselling after the declaration of the CLAT Result. There will be five rounds of counselling. The table below lists the crucial CLAT counselling dates for candidates to review. The crucial dates for the CLAT Seat Allotment 2023 will be released after the results are declared.
☛ CLAT Seat Allotment Schedule PDF Download
CLAT Important Dates
Declaration of CLAT 2023 Result
23 December 2022
CLAT Counselling 2023 Registration Process
28 December 2022
Round 1: Issue of First CLAT Seat Allotment List 2023
18 January 2023
Last Date for Candidate’s Admission in First Seat Allotment List
22 January 2023
Round 2: Issue of Second CLAT Seat Allotment List 2023
27 January 2023
Last Date for Candidate’s Admission in Second Seat Allotment List
31 January 2023
Round 3: Issue of Third CLAT Seat Allotment List 2023
25 May 2023
Last Date for Candidate’s Admission in Third Seat Allotment List
30 May 2023
Round 4: Issue of Fourth CLAT Seat Allotment List 2023
5 June 2023
Last Date for Candidate’s Admission in Fourth Seat Allotment List
10 June 2023
Round 5: Issue of Fifth CLAT Seat Allotment List 2023
15 June 2023
Last Date for Candidate’s Admission in Fifth Seat Allotment List
20 June 2023
☛ Get details for CLAT Answer Key
Steps to Check CLAT Allotment List
The candidates appearing for the CLAT Seat Allotment 2023 must know the detailed steps to check the allotted seat. The following are the steps to check CLAT Seats 2023:
- Visit the official website Consortium of NLUD
- Check notifications and click on the 2nd CLAT Allotment List link.
- On the new screen, select the law program whichever is applicable.
- Check the candidate’s name in the Provisional Second List – CLAT 2023.
The CLAT Seat Allotment Process consists of the below 4 steps. The candidates must check the previous year's CLAT Analysis to understand the exam difficulty level, question types, and topics that are very common.
- Declaration of CLAT Merit List
- The invitation list will be released publicly.
- CLAT Counselling
- Seats are allocated in multiple rounds.
Refund Rules in CLAT Seat Allotment 2023
Candidates who have seats assigned in any CLAT Counselling round must choose one of these choices. If a candidate does not select one of these alternatives, their CLAT Seats will be deemed withdrawn and they will not be taken into consideration for any further rounds.
The authorities will fully refund students' counselling fees for CLAT if they are unsuccessful in receiving seats in any of the five rounds of seat distribution.
Let's say a candidate declines the offered CLAT Seat or is disqualified during document verification. After deducting a processing fee of Rs 10,000, CoA will reimburse the remaining Rs 40,000.
Documents Required for CLAT Seat Allocation
The candidates must produce the below-listed documents for CLAT 2023 Seat Allotment.
- CLAT 2023 Application Form
- CLAT Score Card
- CLAT Admit Card 2023
- Marks-sheet pf Class 10th and 12th
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- PwD Certificate
- NRI Certificate (If applicable)
- Sponsored NRI Certificate (If applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (If applicable)
- CLAT Call Letter
- Recent passport-size photographs
Counselling for CLAT Seats
The CLAT Counseling is carried out through a centralized online portal. It is held separately for undergraduate and graduate levels. If your name appears on the invite list, you will receive counselling letters. Logging into the CLAT official website will allow you to download the call letter. You will be required to pay a registration cost of Rs. 30,000 for General Category Candidates, while ST/SC/OBC/BC/EWS/PWD and other reservation candidates will be paid between Rs. 20,000. You must present all required documentation without fail during counselling. Go through the CLAT Eligibility in detail before applying for the exam. It is because the candidates' eligibility will be strictly verified during counselling process.
Distribution Categories for CLAT Seat Allotment
The total number of Seats in CLAT is apportioned based on category reservations. NLU will reserve seats in each of the CLAT Colleges based on these categories. If you have a higher rank on the merit list, you will be given first priority over other applicants.
Take a look at the category list of CLAT Seat Allotment 2023 -
- Scheduled Tribe
- Scheduled Caste
- Other Backward Categories
- State Quota for Candidates in which NLU is located
- Physically Disable Candidates (PWD)
- Foreign National Candidates
- Kashmiri Migrants
- Candidates belonging to North Eastern State
☛ Also Check CLAT Study Plan
CLAT Seats in Participating Institutes (UG courses)
Note the table below to get an idea of the college-wise seat availability for the CLAT Seat Allotment process.
National Law University
State quota (Domicile and Category)
All India seats
National Law School of India University, Bangalore
National Academy of Legal Studies and Research, Hyderabad
National Law Institute University, Bhopal
West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences, Kolkata
National Law University, Jodhpur
Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow
Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Patiala
Chanakya National Law University, Patna
National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi
National Law University Odisha, Cuttack
National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi
National Law University and Judicial Academy, Guwahati
Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vishakhapatnam
Tamil Nadu National Law School, Trichy
Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur
Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad
Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla
Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur (MPDNLU)
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University
☛ Download CLAT Previous Year Question Paper and start solving it after completing the syllabus.
What is After CLAT 2023 Seat Allotment Result?
After the declaration of CLAT Seat Allotment 2023 Results, candidates can choose one of the following:
- Accepting CLAT 2023 Seat: Candidates may take their seats. Candidates won't be taken into consideration for subsequent allocations if they accept their allotment.
- Applying for Additional CLAT Allotments 2023: Candidates have the option to decline their CLAT Seat Allocation and apply for additional allotments. Candidates must pay the required allotment fee to choose this option.
- Candidates have the option to reject and remove their names from the list of CLAT Seat Allotment 2023. If they choose to do that, candidates will not be considered for any further allotments.
Important Instructions for CLAT Seat Allotment 2023
The candidates are advised to follow the below important instructions during the CLAT 2023 Seat Allocation.
- The candidates must ensure the name of the NLU before locking the final option during the CLAT Seat Allotment 2023.
- If the candidate opts for a refund of CLAT Fees, the conducting body shall deduct the amount of INR 10,000 as processing fees and will return INR 40,000 to the candidate’s bank account.
- The Candidates are advised to carry all the certificates and documents in original in the document verification round to avoid any discrepancies during CLAT Counselling.
- The NLU officials will return all the original documents of the applicants after scrutiny.
- The CLAT 2023 Seat Allotment shall be done online mode only.
Commentswrite a comment