Role of Citizens in a Democracy
The role of citizens in democracy matters to a large extent. Citizens of democracy should therefore be aware of their roles and responsibilities towards their country. A few important roles of citizens in a democracy are as follows:
- Need to cooperate with the system and abide by the rules and regulations put forth by the government.
- Should follow every law and tend not to break any under any circumstances.
- They Should be aware of their rights and also their duties towards the nation.
- Make the right use of their freedom of speech and expression and may protest in the wake of some wrongdoing on the government's side.
- Should be aware of the policies of the government
- Should behave in a civil manner and respect others' rights and interests.