Types of Social Security
The Indian social security system is made up of a number of schemes and programmes that are spread across various laws and regulations. However, keep in mind that India's government-controlled social security system only covers a small portion of the population.
Pension, Health Insurance and Medical Benefit, Disability Benefits, Maternity Benefits, and Gratuity are the general types of social insurance covered by India's social security schemes.
Why Social Security is Important?
The importance of social security has been elaborated below:
- Guarantee income security
- Guarantee health protection
- Reduction in inequality
- Promotion of social inclusion
- Promotion of human dignity
- Long-term social and economic development