States through which the Tropic of Cancer Passes in India
The Tropic of Cancer is a hypothetical line that runs through the centre of India and is located North of the Equator. In actuality, the Tropic of Cancer crosses 17 nations in total, including India. The Tropic of Cancer, also known as the Northern Tropic, is located at a latitude of 23.43705° north of the Equator.
According to scientists, the position of the Tropic of Cancer is not fixed and currently, it is slowly drifting towards the south almost 15 metres every year. The Tropic of Cancer is also one of the five spheres of latitude appearing on the globe.
Name the States of India through which the Tropic of Cancer Passes
Tripura (Udaipur), Gujarat (Jasdan), Chhattisgarh (Sonhat), Rajasthan (Kalinjarh), Jharkhand (Lohardaga), Mizoram (Champhai), Madhya Pradesh (Shajapur), and West Bengal are the eight states through which the Tropic of Cancer passes in India.
- What is the Latitudinal Value of the Tropic of Cancer?
- The Tropic of Cancer Passes Through How Many States of India?
- The Tropic of Cancer Does Not Pass Through?
- Tropic of Cancer Passes Through Which Countries?
- Which Tropic Level has the largest number in Food Chain?
- The Equator Passes through Which States of India?