B.A.LLB. is a five-year course by NLU, Delhi. Note the following points regarding AILET Pattern 2023 for BA LLB Paper.
- There are three subjects for AILET undergraduate course. Earlier, the paper consisted of 5 sections. The candidates must check AILET Books as per expert recommendation to ace this exam with a good score.
- The duration of the AILET Entrance Test for UG is 90 Minutes.
- AILET total marks are 150 for the UG course.
- Each question is of 1 mark. Check AILET Cut Off of previous years to understand the trends of marks required for final admission.
- There is a penalty of 0.25 mark for every incorrect response made by you.
Number of questions
Current Affairs & General Knowledge
Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)
[Important note: Although no prior knowledge of law or technical comprehension of legal principles/legal terminology is necessary for the exam, legal concepts may be used in the logical reasoning section to assess candidates' understanding and familiarity with legal reasoning.]
Topics to be Covered in AILET 2023 Exam Pattern for UG
As per the official announcement of NLUD, there will be only three exam sections in the AILET UG exam. The candidates who will participate in AILET 2023 on 11 December 2022 must have an idea of the topics to be covered. Here, BYJU’S Exam Prep experts have listed all the important topics that you must cover during preparation.
AILET Exam Pattern 2023 for English Section
This portion has 35 questions divided into subheads such as Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability, Idioms, Phrases, and so on. This component assesses candidates' English abilities using comprehension passages and grammar. Each question will carry one mark, and 0.25 marks will deduct for every incorrect answer. Important topics for AILET 2023 English Language section are listed below:
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Fill in the blanks
- Para jumbles
- Error Spotting
- Sentence Improvement
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Para Summary
- Idioms & Phrases
- One Word Substitution
- Fill in the blanks
- Figures of Speech
- Odd one out
- Spelling Errors
- Synonym, Antonym
- Word Usage
- Foreign Words
AILET Pattern for Logical Reasoning
A total of 30-32 questions will be asked in this section, in which you will get questions from Verbal/Critical Reasoning along with Series/puzzles, Directions, and Analytical Reasoning. As per the latest AILET Exam Pattern, the verbal reasoning Topics which has a dominant part to play in this section contain questions from the following topics:
- Assertion Reason
- Logical consistency
- Statement & Assumption
- Statement & Arguments
- Statement & Conclusion
- Statement & Course of Action
- Statement & Inference
- Cause & Effect
- Deriving Conclusion from Passage
Legal principles questions may be used in the logical reasoning section. It will test the logical aptitude skills of the candidates. But, it is not compulsory to have any kind of legal knowledge or technical understanding. Also, Check: AILET Result
AILET Exam Pattern for Current Affairs & General Knowledge
A total of 35 questions will be asked from this section and each of which will carry 1 mark. If you check the previous year's question paper, you will understand that most of the questions will be based on current affairs. But you must also prepare well for the static GK part.
- Focus on all genres, such as politics, world events, entertainment, sports, etc.
- Keep up with the latest COVID-19 news.
- Keep up to date with the most recent amendments and statutory enactments.
The static GK part is quite straightforward. Be prepared well for all the important topics from General Science, History, Civics, Eminent Personalities, Nobel Laureates, Geography, and Economics.