In this article, you will find the Study Notes on Faraday’s Law which will cover the topics such as Introduction & some key points related to it.
A time varying magnetic field produces an electromotive force (or emf) which may establish a current in a closed circuit,
and for motional emf,
where u is called energy density
* Displacement Current
where is known as displacement current density.
* Time harmonic fields are those that vary sinusoidally with time
* In a Lossy, charge free medium, the wave equation based on Maxwell’s equation is of the form.
Where, is complex permittivity.
For lossless dielectric for good conductors and for lossy dielectric loss tangent is of the order of unity.
Reciprocal of attenuation constant is known as skin depth or penetration depth. It measures the depth at which field intensity reduces to the electron of the original value.
For good conductor
The Poynting vector P is the power flow vector whose direction is the same as the direction of wave propagation.
P = E × H
* If a plane wave is an incident normally from medium 1 to medium 2, the reflection and transmission coefficients are given as,
and transmission coefficient
* The standing wave ratio is defined as
* Intrinsic Impedance
* 1 Np = 20 log10 e = 8.69 dB
* Free space
σ = 0, ε = ε0, μ = μ0
* Lossless dielectrics
σ = 0, ε = εrε0, μ = μrμ0 or σ << ωε
* Lossy dielectrics
σ ≠ 0, ε = εrε0, μ = μrμ0
* Good conductors
σ = ∞, ε = ε0, μ = μrμ0 or σ << ωε
Where σ is conductivity, ε is permittivity and μ is permeability of medium.
All the Best.
Commentswrite a comment