CAT 2022 is scheduled for 27th November 2022 which will be conducted by IIM Bangalore. The CAT aspirants must know the last minute tips & strategies to ace the CAT 2022 exam with good scores. Candidates at this point often get confused as to How to Prepare at the last minute for CAT Exam 2022? Below, we will be discussing the Last Minute Preparation Strategy for CAT 2022.
CAT 2022 (27th November 2022) Important Links:
We at BYJU’S Exam Prep are here to help you with the best suggestions and last-minute tips which if followed can help you score a little more. It is advised to follow the below-mentioned last-minute tips and suggestions to crack CAT 2022 Exam.
Last Minute Preparation Tips for CAT 2022
- Evaluate Yourself: With just a few days remaining, one should evaluate their performance prior to the exam as well. Practice revision questions.
- Time Yourself: The sectional time limit for CAT 2022 is 40 minutes. The candidates need to manage their time well. At this stage, one should focus on speed and accuracy rather than learning any new concepts.
- Avoid Picking New Topics: With only a few days remaining for CAT 2022, aspirants should avoid studying new topics. As starting with a new topic just prior to the D Day will only lead to confusion and will reduce the quality of understanding. It is better that the aspirants revise and polish the topics which they have already prepared.
- Proper Diet and Sleep well: It is important that one takes proper care of themselves. Avoid unhealthy and junk food as you don't want to fall sick before your exam. It is very important to take proper sleep and rest a day before the D-day. Having an incomplete sleep will affect your performance during the exam.
- Avoid last-minute revision: The last few hours before the exam is meant only to relax your mind and body. Taking any sort of stress must be avoided. And taking anything new that you have never studied before is a complete No.
- Try meditating: The last few days before the D-day should be full of relaxation, it is suggested to meditate for 30-45 minutes. This will calm you even more and boost your concentration power.
CAT 2022 Last-Minute Tips: Section -Wise
The candidates should also pay attention to the section-wise last-minute tips. Each section needs to be attempted carefully. Some sectional last-minute tips are given below:
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
This section takes the maximum time. It is advised that aspirants should pay attention to this section from the beginning itself. Develop the habit of reading. The more you read, the better you will be not only in terms of scanning the passages quickly but also in having a better vocabulary. For the last minute though for this section the students can maintain flashcards. These flashcards will come in handy prior to the exam for revision. On the day of the exam, one should read the passages very carefully as few passages can be tricky. Understand what the author in the passage is trying to denote.
Quantitative Ability is often considered the most difficult section of CAT by many aspirants. The Quantitative Ability section needs a lot of practice. Aspirants in their last few days should revise the formulae and also practice revision questions. To ace, the Quantitative section one needs to have speed and accuracy. It is, however, important that the fundamentals of QA are clear to the candidate.
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning requires practice. This section checks the analytical and logical skills of the candidate. The more sets an aspirant practices the better he will be on the day of the exam. While answering the Logical Reasoning questions understand the information given in the question. Try attempting the previous year paper to have a better understanding of the questions and their difficulty level.
The test duration of CAT 2022 is similar to that of CAT 2021 i.e 2-hour exam with a sectional time limit of 40 minutes (53 minutes and 20 seconds for PWD candidates). Check the detailed CAT exam pattern before the exam.
CAT 2022 exam will be held in 3 sessions. The number of test cities has been increased to ensure maximum safety for all the test takers and people in the CAT test centre. The candidates should reach the CAT exam centre well in time. There are 3 Slots: 8:30 AM- 10:30 AM, 12:30 PM- 2:30 PM and 4:30 PM -6:30 PM.
Here is a reminder to all the CAT 2022 aspirants to ensure that they carry their admit card, face masks, and be prepared to follow all the CAT COVID guidelines. Plan your journey to the exam centre in advance to avoid the last-minute rush.
Go, bell the CAT.
All the best!
- CAT 2022 Analysis
- CAT Previous Year Question Paper
- Download CAT Admit Card 2022
- CAT Preparation Tips 2022
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
If you are aiming to crack CAT and other MBA Exam, join BYJU'S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program where you get :
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card