If you are planning to appear for the MBA entrance test, CAT 2022, you must go through the detailed preparation strategy to ensure that you are fully prepared for the exam.
The Eligibility Criteria for CAT is:
- Candidates having graduation degree in any stream may apply.
- Minimum marks attained in Graduation Level is 50% marks or have done with equivalent CGPA and 45% aggregate for SC, ST, and PWD category
- Students in the final year of the graduation course, can also appear for the CAT 2022 examination.
However, CAT Authorities through a press release had updated the Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2021. CAT application requires candidates to meet eligibility criteria of at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Persons with Disability (PWD) categories]. Due to the covid-19 pandemic, the CAT Committee removed the minimum percentage of marks (45% and 50% [or equivalent CGPA] respectively) for appearing for the CAT 2021 exam.
As Charles Dickens said “My advice is, never do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time.” So, rather than waiting for tomorrow to start preparing for the CAT exam the time is NOW. As every year the competition level is increasing, we must start early and achieve success.
How to Start with Basic Preparation for CAT?
Now, the basic question is how do we start preparing? Shall we rely on self-study or shall we join any coaching classes? This is one of the most mind-boggling questions that students may face.
A student needs to do a self-analysis. As often we think that we may go for self-preparation for a particular topic we also fail to realize that we might start with a lot of zeal but ultimately, we may give up midway. Now we need to understand that we need to be persistent in our efforts. So, firstly have clarity about your concern areas. For some, it could be a Quantitative Section for the rest it could be Verbal Ability or Reasoning.
Check expert's advice on CAT preparation at home
Once, that is known we need to start working on our grey areas. You must prepare your strategy well. Time management is one of the most important factors to be considered while preparing for CAT 2022.
CAT Exam Pattern 2022
It is expected that CAT 2022 will follow the exam pattern given below: Check the detailed CAT Exam Pattern 2022 to understand what needs to be prepared. You must also know the CAT 2022 syllabus to get started.
Number of Questions (CAT 2019)
Number of Questions (CAT 2020)
Number of Questions (CAT 2021)
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Also, check Tips on How to Prepare for CAT Without Coaching?
How to prepare for Quantitative Ability for CAT 2022?
- Focus on clearing your concepts of mathematics.
- Practice as many mock tests as possible.
- Review past year’s question paper and get an understanding of important topics like Arithmetic, Algebra, etc.
Also, check CAT 2022 preparation tips for Quant
How to prepare for VARC for CAT 2022?
- Start maintaining a journal so that you can work on vocabulary.
- Read newspapers/ magazines.
- Lookup for words and their roots.
How to prepare for DILR for CAT 2022?
- Practice Mock papers.
- Practice questions on puzzles, Venn Diagrams, etc.
Go through the CAT DILR Preparation plan
The basics that one needs to keep in mind when start preparing for CAT:
- Time Management: Time management is essential for success in CAT. As CAT has a sectional time limit, one needs to be wise while attempting CAT to get a high percentile.
- Getting our Concepts Clear: Focus on clearing your concepts first and then proceeding ahead with solving the questions.
- Join Coaching or FB groups: Join Coaching as it helps in providing a better understanding of papers and having clarity. Coaching helps in providing efficient approaches to solving the questions.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
If you are aiming to crack CAT and other MBA Exam, join BYJU'S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program where you get :
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card